PM clarifies on one-rank-one-pension for ex-servicemenMarch 5th, 2010 - 4:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 5 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Friday said a committee under the cabinet secretary has not recommended one-rank-one-pension scheme for retired defence personnel.
“The factual position is that we have constituted a committee under the cabinet secretary to look in into issue of one-man-one-pension and other related matters. The committee did not recommend one-man-one-rank-pension,” Manmohan Singh said in the Lok Sabha.
The prime minister’s remarks came after Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader L.K. Advani accused him of breaching parliamentary propriety by making “false” claims over the scheme.
“But whatever recommendations the committee made to substantiate and enhance the pensionary benefits of persons below officer rank and commissioned officers were accepted by the government. This is what I have stated in my Independence Day speech,” Manmohan Singh added.
The prime minister said of the seven recommendations the committee made, five have been implemented while the other two will be done soon.
“Advani informed BJP MPs about PM’s claim in Lok Sabha that the government had implemented its decision on enhancement of pension to JCOs (junior commissioned officers) and jawans (soldiers). No JCO or jawan has received any such order. This is a very serious matter of parliamentary impropriety,” BJP leader M. Venkaiah Naidu said Thursday quoting Advani.
- PM clarifies on one-rank-one-pension for armed forces (Lead) - Mar 05, 2010
- PM has breached parliamentary propriety, says BJP - Mar 04, 2010
- Govt. implements committee recommendations on ex-soldiers pension - Mar 10, 2010
- High-level panel formed to resolve defence pay disparity - Jul 13, 2012
- Soldiers, JCOs pension upped; officers ignored (Lead) - Jul 06, 2009
- One-rank-one-pension not so soon: Antony - Aug 25, 2010
- Heated exchange between PM and Advani - Mar 03, 2010
- Government accepts recommendation of one-rank-one pension for ex-servicemen - Jul 06, 2009
- Panel's report on defence pay anomalies on Wednesday - Aug 07, 2012
- PM, Advani lock horns; opposition tears into Pawar (Parliament Roundup) - Mar 03, 2010
- Cabinet okays banking laws amendment bill - Apr 26, 2012
- Haryana favours one rank, one pension scheme for ex-servicemen - Feb 05, 2011
- Government to act promptly on defence issues - Aug 15, 2012
- Uneasy truce between government, army chief - Apr 24, 2012
- Financial benefits for labourers in Delhi hiked - Feb 07, 2012
Tags: cabinet secretary, enhancement, impropriety, independence day, janata party, jawan, jco, l k advani, Lok Sabha, manmohan, manmohan singh, mps, New Delhi, officer rank, pension scheme, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, propriety, rank one, venkaiah naidu