PM calls on president; discuss monsoon sessionJuly 13th, 2012 - 5:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 13 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Friday called on President Pratibha Patil to discuss the upcoming monsoon session of parliament among other issues, an official said.
The meeting at Rashtrapati Bhavan lasted for about half-an-hour.
“The two leaders discussed about the upcoming monsoon session of parliament and various other issues of national and international importance,” the official said.
The president broadly discussed about the recommendations of the Governors’ Committee on enhancing productivity, profitability and sustainability of rain-fed/dry-land farming.
The monsoon session is expected to start in August.
- PM discusses budget session with President - Mar 10, 2012
- PM meets president, discusses Kashmir and parliament - Aug 11, 2010
- PM discusses parliament, Bangladesh trip with president - Sep 13, 2011
- PM meets president, discusses Anna - Aug 28, 2011
- PM calls on President - Aug 14, 2011
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh calls on President Patil - Aug 11, 2010
- PM meets president, discusses Myanmar visit - May 26, 2012
- Patil urges regular review of agricultural sector - Dec 15, 2011
- BJP delegation meets president to discuss Lokpal bill (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- PM meets president, discusses budget session - Mar 02, 2011
- President to chair governors' panel meet - Dec 14, 2011
- Manmohan Singh briefs President Patil on Lokpal Bill issue - Apr 08, 2011
- Manmohan meets president, discusses parliament logjam - Nov 28, 2011
- Patil to host dinner for Pranab, ministers Tuesday - Jul 23, 2012
- Prime Minister Singh calls on President Patil - Feb 11, 2010
Tags: governors committee, half an hour, manmohan, manmohan singh, monsoon session, New Delhi, parliament, president pratibha patil, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, productivity, profitability, rain, sustainability