PM arriving on two-day visit to AssamFebruary 18th, 2011 - 1:58 pm ICT by IANS
Guwahati, Feb 18 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh arrives in Assam Friday on a two-day visit to inaugurate two major educational institutions and also review the progress of development works and the security situation.The prime minister is expected to arrive at 2.30 p.m. in Guwahati and straightaway visit the premier Arya Vidyapeeth College in the city to inaugurate an auditorium constructed under his MP Local Area Development Fund.
Manmohan Singh is an MP from Assam in the Rajya Sabha.
The prime minister would then confer the Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed award instituted by the Assam government to noted journalist M.J. Akbar and lay the foundation stone of the Rs.1,600 crore Guwahati Water Supply Project at the same function.
Later in the night, the prime minister would hold a meeting with the council of ministers led by Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi at Raj Bhawan to review the progress of various development projects, besides the overall security situation.
On Saturday, Manmohan Singh will lay the foundation stone of the National Institute of Design in the eastern town of Jorhat and then address a public rally.
After that the prime minister will lay the foundation stone of the Rajiv Gandhi Petroleum Institute in the adjoining Sivasagar town and also address another public rally.
The prime minister flies back to New Delhi Saturday afternoon from Jorhat.
- Peace talks with ULFA a very positive thing: PM (Lead) - Feb 18, 2011
- PM on two-day visit to Assam from Friday - Feb 17, 2011
- PM visiting Assam from Friday - Feb 18, 2011
- Manmohan Singh promises priority for development of Assam, North East - Feb 19, 2011
- PM, Sonia visit Assam to assess flood situation - Jul 02, 2012
- Chopper carrying PM returns due to bad weather (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Assam should become a growth engine: PM - Apr 20, 2012
- Prime minister on two-day visit to Assam - Aug 25, 2008
- PM to visit Assam amid shutdown - Apr 20, 2012
- PM calls off northeast visit - Jul 17, 2011
- Rahul Gandhi visits riot-hit areas of Assam - Sep 11, 2012
- Gogoi seeks new trains for Assam - Feb 07, 2012
- High security in Assam for PM's visit, IED recovered - Apr 19, 2012
- PM, Sonia arrive in Guwahati, leave for Kokrajhar - Jul 28, 2012
- Hazare supporters hold protest at PM's Guwahati house - Aug 22, 2011
Tags: assam government, council of ministers, educational institutions, fakhruddin ali ahmed, foundation stone, gogoi, guwahati, jorhat, m j akbar, manmohan, manmohan singh, national institute of design, petroleum institute, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, public rally, rajiv gandhi, rajya sabha, security situation, water supply project