PM announces Rs.500 crore aid for flood-hit AssamJuly 2nd, 2012 - 4:22 pm ICT by IANS
Guwahati, July 2 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Monday announced an aid package of Rs.500 crore for Assam, which has been severely hit by floods.
The announcement came after the prime minister and Congress president Sonia Gandhi undertook an aerial survey of some flood affected districts of the state Monday.
“The Rs.500 crore is sanctioned for immediate relief of the state. A central team will start assessing the total damage of the floods in the state and all the required financial assistance will be extended to the state government based on the assessment of the central team,” said the prime minister, while reading out a statement before the media at LGBI International Airport near Guwahati.
- PM announces Rs.500 crore for flood-hit Assam (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Assam floods: Central team to assess damage, toll 88 - Jul 05, 2012
- PM recognises Assam soil erosion as natural disaster - Jul 03, 2012
- Assam floods: Central team starts to assess damage - Jul 10, 2012
- PM, Sonia visit Assam to assess flood situation - Jul 02, 2012
- 128 people killed, 6,000 cattle dead in Assam floods - Aug 08, 2012
- PM announces Rs.500 crore flood aid for Uttarakhand - Sep 22, 2010
- Mayawati to meet PM today - Oct 18, 2010
- Flood situation improves in Assam, Sonia to visit Monday - Jun 30, 2012
- Mayawati meets PM; seeks flood relief, approval of airport project (Lead) - Oct 18, 2010
- PM appeals for peace in Assam, assures proper probe, rehabilitation (Third Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- PM announces interim relief for cyclone-hit areas - Jan 10, 2012
- Sonia asks PM for 'liberal' package for flood-hit states - Sep 21, 2010
- Rahul Gandhi visits riot-hit areas of Assam - Sep 11, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi to visit Assam's violence-hit areas - Sep 08, 2012
Tags: aerial survey, assam, congress president sonia gandhi, financial assistance, flood, floods, guwahati, manmohan, manmohan singh, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, state government