PM announces Rs.300 crore relief for Assam victimsJuly 28th, 2012 - 5:43 pm ICT by IANS
Guwahati, July 28 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Thursday announced Rs.300 crore assistance for relief and rehabilitation measures for the violence-affected areas of Assam.
Addressing a press conference at the Circuit House in Kokrajhar after visiting two relief camps located near the town, the prime minister announced a special central assistance of Rs.100 crore as immediate relief and another Rs.100 crore under special plan assistance for development of the violence-affected areas.
Manmohan Singh also assured another additional amount of Rs.100 crore under the Indira Awas Yojana (IAY) scheme to the affected people.
He also announced an ex-gratia payment of Rs.2 lakh from the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund to the kin of those people who had lost their lives in the violence. The injured persons will also be paid Rs.50,000 to Rs.30,000 depending on the nature of their injury.
The week-long communal violence in the Bodo areas of the state has till now claimed the lives of 45 people and a estimated 2.5 lakh people have been rendered homeless.
- PM appeals for peace in Assam, assures proper probe, rehabilitation (Third Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi to visit Assam's violence-hit areas - Sep 08, 2012
- Chidambaram to visit Assam Monday - Jul 29, 2012
- Sonia, Shinde visit violence-hit Assam areas - Aug 13, 2012
- PM calls for end to Assam violence, assures proper probe (Second Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Chidambaram visits Kokrajhar, Chirang; reviews security - Jul 30, 2012
- Tension in Assam, PM may visit Saturday, toll 41 (Lead) - Jul 26, 2012
- PM, Sonia arrive in Guwahati, leave for Kokrajhar - Jul 28, 2012
- Gogoi hints at judicial probe into violence - Aug 11, 2012
- No fresh violence in Assam's Bodo areas, toll 45 - Jul 27, 2012
- More paramilitary forces readied for Assam - Jul 28, 2012
- Tension in Assam's Bodo areas as four bodies found, curfew imposed - Aug 05, 2012
- Central team visits riot-hit Assam areas, reviews security - Aug 21, 2012
- Assam toll now 18, shoot at sight orders in Kokrajhar (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- PM announces Rs.500 crore for flood-hit Assam (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
Tags: assam, awas, central assistance, communal violence, indira, lakh, manmohan, manmohan singh, plan assistance, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, rehabilitation measures, relief camps, rs 2