Plot ownership rights for seven lakh Delhi familiesJuly 17th, 2012 - 12:38 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 16 (IANS) With eyes to the 2013 assembly elections, the Congress-led Delhi government Monday decided to grant land ownership rights to over seven lakh families living in 45 slum resettlement colonies.
“We have removed the leasehold system of 45 resettlement colonies…residents have been given ownerships rights,” said Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, after presiding over a cabinet meeting Monday.
These resettlement colonies were developed 1950 onward by the central government and Delhi development agencies to accommodate the families which were displaced due to removal and demolition of slums.
For the ownership rights, “the original allottees will be charged five percent of the circle rates”, said a statement from the chief minister’s office.
In case of occupants who purchased the plots from original allottees, a higher rate would be charged, it said.
- GoM set up for Delhi's unauthorised colonies - Sep 12, 2011
- Delhi government allots flats to 500 slum dwellers - Jul 18, 2012
- Will make Delhi slum-free, says Dikshit - Feb 10, 2012
- Delhi government to allot plots to physically challenged - Jun 19, 2012
- 900 unauthorised Delhi colonies to be regularised (Lead, Correcting date in para one) - Aug 15, 2012
- 'Claims of regularising unauthorised colonies a gimmick' - Jul 05, 2012
- Dikshit discusses development with legislators - Jan 15, 2011
- Onion traders call off strike after talks with Delhi Chief Minister - Jan 12, 2011
- Reshuffle to ease work of overburdened ministers: Dikshit - Aug 28, 2012
- Skill development programme for poor in Delhi - Sep 21, 2011
- Build one lakh houses for poor: Kamal Nath - Aug 31, 2012
- Dikshit lauds steps to regularise illegal colonies - Jun 09, 2012
- Delhi government okays low cost flats for slum dwellers - Feb 03, 2010
- Portfolio reshuffle in Delhi cabinet - Aug 28, 2012
- Free flats for scheduled castes, tribes in Delhi - Sep 19, 2011
Tags: assembly elections, cabinet meeting, central government, chief minister, colonies, congress, delhi government, demolition, lakh, New Delhi, occupants, ownerships, resettlement, sheila dikshit, slum, slums