Phoolan Devi murder accused allowed to contest Uttar Pradesh pollsJanuary 24th, 2012 - 11:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 24 (IANS) A Delhi court Tuesday allowed Sher Singh Rana, the husband of slain bandit-turned-politician Phoolan Devi and the prime accused in her murder, to file his nomination papers for next month’s Uttar Pradesh assembly elections.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav allowed Rana’s application for filing nomination papers for contesting the Jewar assembly contrituency in Gautam Budh Nagar district.
The court directed the Tihar Jail chief to take all possible steps to get Rana’s nomination papers filled up and ensure that they are sent to the officer concerned as per rules.
Rana is being tried in a Delhi court for killing Phoolan Devi in central Delhi on July 25, 2001.
- Phoolan Devi killing accused wants to campaign in UP - Feb 14, 2012
- Phoolan Devi's controversial legacy alive in UP polls - Feb 22, 2012
- Gangster allowed to file poll papers from jail - Jan 18, 2012
- Kidnapping accused flees Tihar Jail with fake court orders - Feb 13, 2010
- Phoolan Devi murder witness turns hostile - Mar 13, 2009
- 'Bandit Queen' would have not been possible without Mala: Shekhar Kapur - May 24, 2011
- 13 Delhi cops discharged in staged shootout case - May 24, 2012
- Maharashtra cops questioned on terror suspect's remand - Jun 21, 2012
- Court issues summons to telecom firms over number portability - Mar 21, 2012
- Ajit Singh proposes an airport at Mathura - Jun 11, 2012
- CD case: Police to take voice samples of Mulayam, Amar, Bhushan - Jun 01, 2012
- Maoist Kobad Ghandy to stand trial for cheating (Second Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Rahul plans to address Bhatta-Parsaul farmers - Jun 30, 2011
- Maoist Kobad Ghandy to stand trial for cheating (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Fresh chargesheet filed against Maoist Kobad Ghandy - Mar 23, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,