Philippine population reaches 92.34 millionApril 10th, 2012 - 4:19 am ICT by IANS
Manila, April 10 (IANS) The Philippine population grew at a slower pace to reach 92.34 million, according to the country’s latest census report.
National Statistics Office administrator Carmelita Ericta said Monday the country’s population as of May 1, 2010 stood at 92,337,852 or an annual growth rate of 1.9 percent during the 2000-2010 period, contrary to the yearly growth rate of 2.34 percent from 1990-2000.
“This means that there were two persons added per year for every 100 persons in the population,” she said.
The 2010 population was higher by 15.83 million compared to the 2000 population of 76.51 million. In 1990, the total population was 60.70 million, Xinhua reported.
The 2010 Census of Population and Housing was designed to take an inventory of the population and housing units in the Philippines.
- A million strong Indian-American voters gain political clout - Mar 11, 2012
- Seniors are fastest growing segment of US population - Dec 01, 2011
- US population grows at slowest rate since 1940s - Dec 22, 2011
- New York, Washington, 44 more US cities not white any more (Lead) - Apr 15, 2011
- New York, Washington, 44 other US cities not white any more - Apr 15, 2011
- US has nearly 11 mn illegal migrants; India major source country - Feb 26, 2011
- U.S. immigrant population reaches 40 million - Oct 08, 2011
- China's population rises to 1.33 bn - Apr 28, 2011
- 3.2 mn Indians are third-largest growing Asian group in US - Mar 22, 2012
- Sex ratio of Haryana improves - Aug 12, 2011
- By 2050, whites 'will be the minority race in US' - Mar 26, 2011
- Indian Americans grow to 3.2 mn, top in income - Nov 16, 2011
- US census left out over 1.5 mn minority members - May 23, 2012
- Nearly 70 percent of Indians live in villages: Census - Jul 15, 2011
- Philippines greets world's 7 billionth baby - Oct 31, 2011
Tags: carmelita, census of population, census report, contrary, housing units, may 1, National Statistics Office, office administrator, philippine population, philippines, slower pace, total population, two persons, xinhua