Petition filed against Anna Hazare in courtApril 20th, 2011 - 9:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 20 (IANS) A Pune-based NGO Wednesday filed a petition in the Delhi High Court against social activist Anna Hazare accusing him of corruption and demanding his removal from the joint drafting committee on the Lokpal Bill.
National Anti-corruption Public Power president Heman Baburao Patil alleged that Hazare’s NGO Hind Swaraj Trust was found guilty of corrupt practices in an inquiry by retired Supreme Court judge P.B. Sawant.
“One of the trusts run by Hazare is still unregistered and has been receiving money illegally in violation and contravention of laws,” Patil alleged in his petition.
The petition is likely to come up before a high court bench Thursday.
Patil alleged several other criminal complaints were also pending against the 73-year-old activist.
He demanded that Hazare should be removed from the committee constituted for drafting the Lokpal Bill.
Hazare went on a 97-hour fast earlier this month following which the government set up a joint panel of cabinet ministers and members of civil society to draft a stringent Lokpal Bill.
- Court reserves order on admission of petition against Hazare - Apr 27, 2011
- Court dismisses petition against Anna Hazare - May 02, 2011
- Hazare neck deep in corruption, alleges Congress (Lead) - Aug 14, 2011
- Congress takes potshots at Hazare - Jul 19, 2011
- Government, Team Hazare in major confrontation - Aug 15, 2011
- Hazare writes to PM on fast from Aug 16 (Lead) - Jul 19, 2011
- Apex court notice to Hazare, Maharashtra, central government - Oct 17, 2011
- Plea in apex court to restrain Hazare from fasting - Aug 01, 2011
- Ramdev retracts, says also wanted Kiran Bedi on panel - Apr 10, 2011
- Anna Hazare describes his fast, a second 'freedom struggle' - Apr 07, 2011
- No differences over names of committee members: Hazare - Apr 10, 2011
- Anna Hazare on fast unto death against corruption - Apr 05, 2011
- Congress welcomes Hazare ending fast - Apr 10, 2011
- Bhushan CD shady: Swami Agnivesh - Apr 24, 2011
- Anna Hazare continues fast, protests become national outcry - Apr 06, 2011
Tags: anna hazare, cabinet ministers, contravention, corrupt practices, corruption, court bench, criminal complaints, delhi high court, drafting committee, money, New Delhi, ngo, petition, pune, social activist, supreme court judge, trusts