People disappointed with BJP too, says AdvaniMay 31st, 2012 - 3:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 31 (IANS) Former BJP president L.K. Advani said Thursday that while people were angry with the UPA government, they were upset with the Bharatiya Janata Party too.
Asking the BJP to introspect, Advani posted on his blog: “I had said at the Core Group meeting that if people are today angry with the UPA government, they are also disappointed with us. The situation, I said, calls for introspection.”
Advani noted that the mood within the party these days was not upbeat.
He said the fact that BJP governed many states and the “excellent” leadership provided in parliament by Susham Swaraj and Arun Jaitley “is no compensation for the lapses committed”.
Advani said that when journalists attack the UPA for a string of scams, they also regret that the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) is not rising to the occasion.
“I, as a former pressman, feel they are reflecting public opinion correctly,” he said.
“The results in Uttar Pradesh, the manner in which the party welcomed BSP ministers who were removed by Mayawatiji on charges of corruption, the party’s handling of Jharkhand and Karnataka - all these events have undermined the party’s campaign against corruption,” he added.
- Advani sting: People upset with BJP too (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Finally, Advani-Gadkari feud out in the open (Third Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Advani shocker: People upset with BJP too (Second Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Advani's Jan Chetna yatra concludes Sunday at Ramlila Maidan - Nov 19, 2011
- Congress slams BJP for admitting Kushwaha (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- His 'yatra' over, Advani calls for UPA's ouster (Roundup) - Nov 20, 2011
- No conspiracy against Mayawati: BJP - Jul 06, 2012
- Advani's 40-day yatra reaches Delhi - Nov 20, 2011
- Expected PM to act on black money: Advani - Oct 12, 2011
- BJP to decide presidential nominee Thursday - Jun 20, 2012
- National Democratic Alliance to hold massive rally in Delhi - Dec 22, 2010
- Yeddyurappa plays down Advani's criticism - Jun 06, 2011
- Advani's appeal to government: Concede JPC demand (Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- NDA defers decision on presidential polls (Second Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- All-party meet on Lokpal without precedent: Advani - Jul 04, 2011
Tags: arun jaitley, bharatiya janata party, bjp president, core group, corruption, introspect, introspection, jharkhand, journalists, l k advani, lapses, national democratic alliance, nda, New Delhi, pressman, public opinion, rising to the occasion, scams, swaraj, uttar pradesh