PDP flays National Conference-Congress alliance in KashmirApril 8th, 2009 - 8:34 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, April 8 (IANS) The opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Wednesday said the National Conference-Congress are in alliance only for power and not for the development of Jammu and Kashmir.
Former chief minister and PDP patron Mufti Mohammed Sayeed was campaigning in Jammu amid heavy rains.
He said people in the state were suffering as the ruling alliance has not delivered even on a single promise it made to the people.
“Enjoying power is the only reason for the formation of the alliance between National Conference and Congress,” Mufti Sayeed said.
Addressing a series of public meetings in Jammu in support of party candidate Trilok Singh Bajwa, the PDP patron said the alliance was “responsible for the bloodshed in the state”.
“This dispensation is visible only on (news)papers but at grassroots level the government has failed to implement any pro-people policy,” he said.
- Credibility of J&K; regime at lowest: Mufti - Sep 01, 2012
- Mufti calls for regime change in Jammu and Kashmir - Aug 12, 2012
- Mufti's call for government change in J&K; - May 26, 2012
- PDP scripted new chapter in Kashmir's history: Mufti - Mar 25, 2012
- Omar has reduced AFSPA issue to gimmickry: Mufti - Nov 28, 2011
- Kashmir solution will usher in peace, development: PDP - Mar 13, 2011
- Committed to equal growth in all Kashmir regions: PDP - Nov 30, 2011
- Mufti seeks boost for Kashmir economy - Dec 26, 2011
- Azad lambasts National Conference, PDP alike - Apr 19, 2012
- PDP is party of Jammu too: Mufti - May 27, 2012
- Stop arresting suspected stone pelters: PDP - Feb 26, 2011
- Mufti lashes out at Omar government on development - Jul 03, 2011
- PDP government delivered better with only 16 legislators: Mehbooba - Dec 13, 2011
- Mufti Sayeed accuses National Conference of 'double standards' - Sep 24, 2011
- Mufti Sayeed seeks civic polls in Kashmir - Dec 04, 2011
Tags: bajwa, bloodshed, chief minister, congress alliance, democratic party, dispensation, grassroots level, heavy rains, jammu, kashmir, mohammed, news papers, opposition, party candidate, patron, pdp, public meetings, sayeed