Pawar unlikely to attend PM’s dinner for presidentJuly 23rd, 2012 - 4:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 23 (IANS) Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) chief and Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar is unlikely to attend the farewell dinner for outgoing President Pratibha Patil being hosted by the prime minister Monday evening.
An NCP source said NCP “ministers would not be attending the dinner” at Hyderabad House.
Asked if Pawar would attend, a party insider told IANS: “I don’t think so.”
It also appeared that Agatha Sangma, minister of state for rural development and daughter of opposition presidential candidate P.A. Sangma, had offered to quit.
Agatha Sangma had ignored the party directive and campaigned for her father, who lost to UPA candidate Pranab Mukherjee.
- NCP to stay with UPA, but skip functions: Praful Patel (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Sangma's daughter skips NCP meet - Jun 21, 2012
- Sangma quits NCP, set to take on Pranab (Roundup) - Jun 20, 2012
- Will accept Sangma's resignation:, says Pawar (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Sangma will support Pranab: NCP - Jun 19, 2012
- Agatha will go by UPA's presidential candidate: Sangma - May 26, 2012
- NCP cautions Sangma, says he will withdraw (Second Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Sangma seeks support, not many takers (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Sangma is candidate of communal forces: NCP (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Ready to talk to NCP: Manmohan Singh - Jul 25, 2012
- No ultimatum to Congress, says NCP - Jul 25, 2012
- President Patil hosting At Home for ministers, judges - Jul 22, 2012
- Will accept Sangma's resignation: Pawar - Jun 20, 2012
- Sangma will respect party's decision: Pawar - Jun 16, 2012
- Presidential contest: NDA, Left divided over Pranab; BJP backs Sangma (Roundup) - Jun 21, 2012
Tags: agatha, agriculture minister, farewell dinner, hyderabad, insider, minister of state, nationalist congress party, ncp, New Delhi, opposition, outgoing president, pranab mukherjee, president pratibha patil, presidential candidate, prime minister, rural development, sharad pawar