Pawar to attend BJD-NCP-Left rally in OrissaApril 1st, 2009 - 11:00 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, April 1 (IANS) Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) chief Sharad Pawar will participate in an election rally organised here Friday by the Biju Janata Dal and its allies, including the Left parties, the BJD said Wednesday.
“We are jointly organising a massive rally. Those who are expected to attend include NCP chief Sharad Pawar and senior Left leaders such as A.B. Bardhan and Prakash Karat,” BJD general secretary Damodar Rout told IANS.
Asked if it can be called a Third Front rally, Rout clarified: “We have not joined the Third Front. We are jointly organising the rally because we have seat-sharing arrangements with them.”
After breaking the 11-year-old alliance with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) earlier last month, the BJD headed by Orissa Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has forged alliance with the NCP and the Left after the legislators of these parties voted for the BJD during a trust vote in the assembly.
Orissa goes to elections April 16 and April 23 to elect 147 members to the state assembly and 21 members to the Lok Sabha.
Rout said West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee, Forward Block secretary G. Devarajan and CPI national secretary D. Raja will also attend the rally.
- Pawar to address BJD rally on phone, says not part of Third Front - Apr 03, 2009
- NCP withdraws support to BJD in Orissa - Dec 29, 2010
- Patience, says Congress, amid presidential suspense (Roundup) - May 04, 2012
- Pawar stays away as BJD-NCP-Left launch joint front (Second Lead) - Apr 03, 2009
- Pawar watches from afar as BJD-NCP-Left launch joint front (Lead) - Apr 03, 2009
- BJD, NCP talks on seat sharing fail - Mar 26, 2009
- NCP cautions Sangma, says he will withdraw (Second Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- BJD calls Odisha shutdown against petrol price hike - May 25, 2012
- Pawar criticises RPI's alliance with BJP, Shiv Sena - Jun 10, 2011
- Pawar meets Sonia over presidential poll - Apr 25, 2012
- NCP tie-up with Left, BJD is Orissa-specific: Pawar (Lead) - Apr 09, 2009
- Congress not giving us any space: NCP - Jul 10, 2010
- Will accept Sangma's resignation: Pawar - Jun 20, 2012
- NCP cautions Sangma, hints of action - Jun 16, 2012
- Patnaik yet to make up mind on joining NDA rally - Dec 09, 2010
Tags: bardhan, bharatiya janata party, bhubaneswar, biju, chief minister, damodar, devarajan, election rally, left parties, Lok Sabha, massive rally, national secretary, nationalist congress party, naveen patnaik, orissa, prakash karat, rout, sharad pawar, trust vote, west bengal