Pawar elected NCP leader in Lok SabhaJune 4th, 2009 - 4:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 4 (IANS) Nationalist Congress Party chief and Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar has been elected the party’s leader in the Lok Sabha.
The NCP parliamentary party at its meeting here Wednesday elected Pawar as its leader in the Lok Sabha, the party said in a statement here Thursday.
Praful Patel, minister of state for civil aviation, has been elected as the party’s deputy leader in the Lok Sabha. Sanjeev Naik is the party’s chief whip in the lower house. The NCP has nine members in the Lok Sabha.
Tariq Anwar was elected as the party’s leader in the Rajya Sabha and Janardhan M. Waghmare as its chief whip in the upper house.
- Pawar, NCP leaders meet Pranab Mukherjee - Jul 23, 2012
- PM praises Pawar, UPA row ebbs for now (Roundup) - Jul 20, 2012
- Praful denies resignation, NCP stays with UPA (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Congress tries hard to mollify NCP, Pawar unswayed (Intro Roundup) - Jul 21, 2012
- NCP and government mend fences, PM praises Pawar (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- NCP cautions Sangma, says he will withdraw (Second Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Why is Sharad Pawar angry? - Jul 20, 2012
- NCP cautions Sangma, hints of action - Jun 16, 2012
- Pawar feels dizzy, hospitalized (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Pawar, Patel skip cabinet meeting - Jul 19, 2012
- Unhappy Pawar, Patel offer to quit (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Pawar meets Sonia to discuss 'coalition issues' - Jul 20, 2012
- Want early decision on BMC polls: NCP - Jan 09, 2012
- Determined to contest, Sangma quits NCP (Second Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Pawar, Patel meet Sonia Gandhi - Nov 03, 2011
Tags: agriculture minister, chief whip, civil aviation, deputy leader, Lok Sabha, minister of state, naik, nationalist congress party, New Delhi, parliamentary party, party chief, praful patel, rajya sabha, sanjeev, sharad pawar, tariq anwar, upper house