Pawar aide alleges victimisation in GoaSeptember 10th, 2011 - 11:07 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Sep 10 (IANS) Prafulla Hede, a mine owner and Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) chief Sharad Pawar’s aide in Goa, Saturday accused the Congress-led coalition government of victimising him for political reasons.
The NCP is part of Chief Minister Digambar Kamat-led coalition government and has two ministers in the 12-member cabinet.
Hede, who co-ordinates the affairs of NCP in Goa, said: “I am doing the co-ordination for the NCP for a friend (Pawar). I think I am being singled out for political reasons, that’s a possibility.”
Hede, known as Pawar’s confidant in Goa political circles, contested the mines department’s claim that his mine indulged in illegal activities.
“My papers are in order. Why are other mine owners not being acted against. I am being singled out,” Hede said.
Hede said that the mines department, which functions under Kamat, was not doing enough to curb illegal mining.
- Pawar aide's illegal mine being probed: Goa minister - Mar 17, 2011
- NCP leader accused of illegal mining - Jul 04, 2011
- Goa court orders probe against NCP leader, bureaucrat - May 07, 2011
- NCP leader arrested for illegal mining - Aug 04, 2011
- Ruling NCP leaders' role in illegal mining worries Goa BJP - May 09, 2011
- Mining firms encroaching on government land: Kamat - Apr 06, 2011
- Goa NCP leader summoned in illegal mining case - Jul 11, 2011
- NCP leader arrested for illegal mining, hospitalised - Aug 05, 2011
- Goa mining scam: Ruling NCP demands thorough probe - Sep 24, 2011
- Roadmap aside, urgent issues await Sonia in Goa - Dec 16, 2011
- BJP, Congress in nexus over illegal mining: Goa activists - Sep 23, 2011
- Goa mining scam: PAC report blames nexus, takes no names (Roundup) - Oct 05, 2011
- Goa Congress denies illegal mining charges - Jan 17, 2012
- BJP manifesto promises Goa Lokayukta within 100 days - Feb 19, 2012
- Elections ahead, Congress, BJP reach out to mining lobby (Goa Newsletter) - Jan 28, 2012