Patnaik demands rollback of diesel price hikeSeptember 14th, 2012 - 8:02 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, S Sep 14 (IANS) Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik Friday demanded a rollback of the diesel price hike saying it will hit everyone.
He also flayed the cap on subsidised cooking gas cylinders to just six cylinders in a year for each household.
“It is a breakdown and failure of the economic policy of the government of India. The steep rise of diesel price will affect everyone, especially the poor in particular,” Patnaik said.
The chief minister said transport cost of essential commodities will go up due to the diesel price hike and his party wanted a complete rollback of the decision.
Patnaik’s Biju Janata Dal also organised protests in the state against the price hike. Activists of the party set fire to effigies of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi in Bhubaneswar.
- Odisha protests diesel price hike, cap on cooking gas - Sep 14, 2012
- Diesel price hiked by Rs 5, opposition slams 'anti-people' move (Roundup) - Sep 14, 2012
- Protests across Andhra over diesel price hike - Sep 14, 2012
- Delhi's poor to get 3 more subsidised LPG cylinders - Sep 17, 2012
- Orissa waives tax on cooking gas, kerosene - Jun 29, 2011
- Trinamool ministers resign from UPA government - Sep 21, 2012
- Point of no return, ministers to resign Friday: Trinamool - Sep 20, 2012
- Hike in diesel price cruel joke, says Nitish - Sep 14, 2012
- Roll back diesel hike, cooking gas cylinder cap, demands BJP - Sep 14, 2012
- Opposition strike Thursday for FDI, diesel price hike rollback - Sep 19, 2012
Tags: activists, biju, chairperson, chief minister, commodities, diesel price hike, economic policy, gas cylinders, government of india, household, janata, manmohan, manmohan singh, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, protests, rollback, sonia gandhi, steep rise, UPA