Paswan son-in-law attacked ahead of Bihar pollsOctober 11th, 2010 - 8:00 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Oct 11 (IANS) Mrinal Kumar, son-in-law of Lok Janshakti Party chief Ram Vilas Paswan, was fired at by unidentified attackers in the Bihar capital Monday. Kumar, who is the LJP candidate from Rajgir assembly constituency, escaped unhurt, police said.
According to police, assailants opened fire when Kumar was coming out of his vehicle near his residence in Kankarbagh colony here. Kumar was, however, uninjured.
Patna superintendent of police Manu Maharaj said that bullets hit his vehicle but Kumar was safe. Police have started investigations, he added.
Elections to the Bihar legislative assembly are to be held in six phases from Oct 21. The results are to be declared Nov 24.
- Nitish Kumar's alliance heads for victory in Bihar (Second Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Congress, RJD trying to confuse voters. says Nitish Kumar - Sep 21, 2010
- 15 of Paswan party workers injured in police action - Dec 17, 2009
- RJD paves way for tie-up with Congress in Bihar - Oct 18, 2010
- Ranvir Sena chief shot dead; Bihar put on alert (Second Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Lalu Prasad launches RJD campaign - Oct 06, 2010
- Nitish, Lalu, Paswan resume campaign after Chhath - Nov 14, 2010
- Lalu, Paswan to tour Bihar for upcoming Assembly elections - Jul 15, 2010
- Bihar elections begin amid tight security (Lead) - Oct 21, 2010
- Sonia wishes Paswan on his 64th birthday - Jul 06, 2010
- Paswan's party colleague Sabir Ali joins JD-U - Nov 08, 2011
- Bihar poll-second phase: Caste arithmetic to play decisive role (Curtain Raiser) - Oct 23, 2010
- Nitish, Lalu and Paswan welcome poll announcement - Sep 06, 2010
- No one wants Bihar's 'Osama' this time - Oct 14, 2010
- JD-U, BJP claim victory in Bihar, opposition struggles (Third Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
Tags: assailants, bihar polls, bullets, constituency, elections, investigations, legislative assembly, lok, maharaj, manu, oct 11, party chief, ram vilas paswan, superintendent, unidentified attackers, vilas