Parliament again disrupted over coal scamAugust 23rd, 2012 - 1:08 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 23 (IANS) Both houses of parliament were adjourned till 12 noon Thursday as the opposition demanded the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh over the Comptroller and Auditor General’s report on the allocation of coal blocks.
As soon as the Lok Sabha met at 11 a.m., BJP members refused to allow the proceedings and rushed towards Speaker Meira Kumar’s podium raising slogans. The house was adjourned till 12 noon.
Similar scenes were seen in the Rajya Sabha, forcing Chairperson Hamid Ansari to adjourn the house till 12 noon.
India’s official auditor had last week revealed that the lack of transparency in the allocation of coal blocks to private players resulted in a loss of a whopping Rs.1.85 lakh crore ($37 billion) to the exchequer as on March 11 last year.
The house was adjourned for the second successive day Wednesday over the report.
- Furore in Lok Sabha over coal scam - Aug 21, 2012
- BJP corners PM over coal scam, parliament disrupted (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Parliament again disrupted over coal scam (Lead) - Aug 23, 2012
- Parliament disrupted again over coal block allocation - Aug 22, 2012
- BJP corners PM over coal allotment, Lok Sabha adjourned (Second Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Parliament again disrupted over coal saga (Second Lead) - Aug 23, 2012
- BJP sticks to 'quit PM' demand, parliament adjourned (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- BJP renews demand for PM's resignation, disrupts parliament (Lead) - Aug 22, 2012
- BJP sticks to 'quit PM' demand (Second Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Coal scam: parliament again adjourned - Aug 24, 2012
- Coal allotment: Chorus for PM's resignation, parliament adjourned (Third Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Parliament adjourned for the day over coal saga (Third Lead) - Aug 23, 2012
- Parliament adjourned for third day; all-party meeting on Monday (Roundup) - Aug 23, 2012
- After 13 days of disruption, monsoon session ends (Lead) - Sep 07, 2012
- BJP sticks to 'quit PM' demand, parliament adjourned again (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
Tags: chairperson, comptroller and auditor general, crore, hamid, houses of parliament, Lok Sabha, manmohan, manmohan singh, march 11, meira kumar, New Delhi, podium, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, private players, rajya sabha, resignation, rs 1, slogans, whopping rs