Parliament adjourned for the day over CAG report (Lead)August 8th, 2011 - 2:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 8 (IANS) Both houses of parliament were Monday adjourned for the day following protests by the opposition demanding a discussion on the Comptroller and Auditor General’s (CAG) report on the Commonwealth Games that indicted Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
As soon as the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha met for the day, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and its allies demanded cancellation of question hour and discussion on the CAG report. Both houses were initially adjourned till 12 noon amid pandemonium.
The scenes were repeated when both house met again.
In the Lok Sabha, the BJP, Left and Samajwadi Party again created ruckus demanding resignation of Dikshit and raised slogans against the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government.
The scene was no different in the Rajya Sabha when it reassembled at 12 noon as an angry opposition raised slogans. As the agitated members continued with their demand, Deputy Chairman K. Rahman Khan adjourned the house for the day but only after scheduled tabling of papers.
The BJP earlier moved a privilege motion against Sports Minister Ajay Maken in both houses over his statement that the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) had appointed Suresh Kalmadi as CWG organising committee chief.
The CAG report was tabled in parliament Friday.
- Parliament adjourned as opposition demands Dikshit's ouster (Second Lead) - Aug 08, 2011
- Parliament adjourned over CAG report - Aug 08, 2011
- Deadlock over Dikshit stalls parliament again (Lead) - Aug 09, 2011
- Calls for Dikshit's ouster over CAG report stall parliament(Roundup) - Aug 08, 2011
- BJP corners PM over coal scam, parliament disrupted (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Protests over graft, inflation stall parliament second day (Third Lead) - Aug 02, 2011
- Quit Dikshit campaign: parliament adjourned again - Aug 09, 2011
- BJP stalls parliament again - Aug 28, 2012
- BJP disrupts parliament again (Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- BJP presses for PM's resignation, parliament adjourned till Thursday (Third Lead) - Aug 22, 2012
- Coal fuels parliament disruptions for sixth day (Second Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- Parliament adjourned again over coal allocation - Aug 27, 2012
- BJP sticks to 'quit PM' demand (Second Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Hazare protest stalls parliament, no business done (Third Lead) - Aug 23, 2011
- BJP sticks to 'quit PM' demand, parliament adjourned again (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,