Paresh Rawal to campaign for Narendra ModiApril 3rd, 2009 - 7:44 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 3 (IANS) Bollywood and politics have always been intertwined and the latest to join the bandwagon is actor Paresh Rawal who will be campaigning for Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, an associate of the actor said.
Paresh Rawal will be joined by popular Bollywood and TV celebrities like Darshan Jariwala (of “Gandhi My Father” fame), Apara Mehta (from “Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi”) and Manoj Joshi (a regular in Priyadarshan films), who will travel to various parts of Gujarat and campaign for the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader.
“Yes, each of these actors has been roped in to campaign for the BJP and Narendra Modi. You will soon see things heating up by their presence in the pre-election momentum,” said Shakeel Khan, an associate of Paresh Rawal.
Campaigning won’t just be restricted to public appearances by these actors. Some of the actors would also be seen in Manoj Joshi’s play “Chanakya” which has been running for weeks now.
“The play would indirectly hint at excellent and highly effective governance by the BJP in the past years,” said Shakeel, an upcoming Bollywood actor who was seen in films like “Lakshya”, “Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal” and “Ahista Ahista”.
A prominent cast member of “Chanakya”, Khan said that the play has already travelled to various parts of the state.
“We have opted for open air theatres for ‘Chanakya’ and have seen audiences of even 5,000 people.”
Apparently, the play would continue to take place in weeks to come with shows being organised for the police as well as other highly-placed government officials.
Other than the play, there would be public appearances galore with Paresh Rawal touted to campaign from Surat, Darshan being entrusted with Ahmedabad and Shakeel being allotted Junagarh.
“The idea is to enlighten people about the way Gujarat has progressed over the last five years. We want to bring facts about the difference that the state has seen in the past years,” Shakeel said.
“Gujarat has a history of some horrific incidents too in the past few years. We want people to know that the state has left it all behind and moved ahead gloriously,” he said.
- Ravi Dubey To Star In ‘Saas Bina Sasural’ - Oct 09, 2010
- Sanjay Joshi quits BJP (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Posters target Modi for Sanjay Joshi exit (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- Sanjay Joshi, Modi's foe, quits BJP (Second Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- BJP bows to Modi, Joshi quits party (Roundup) - Jun 08, 2012
- Posters target Modi for Sanjay Joshi exit - Jun 05, 2012
- Joshi-Modi poster war reaches Jaipur - Jun 29, 2012
- Joshi fears for his life, writes to Chidambaram - Jul 09, 2012
- Don't put up posters attacking BJP: Sanjay Joshi - Jun 17, 2012
- Sanjay Joshi quits BJP - Jun 08, 2012
- Joshi vs Modi: no clear winner in tangled BJP web (Comment) - Jun 09, 2012
- Sanjay Joshi offers to quit BJP national executive - May 24, 2012
- Joshi quits BJP national executive, Modi to attend meeting (Second Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Modi's rival offers to quit BJP national executive (Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Is BJP resurrecting Keshubhai to take on Modi? (Gujarat Newsletter) - May 19, 2012
Tags: ahista ahista, apara mehta, bharatiya janata party, bhi kabhi bahu thi, bollywood actor, cast member, chanakya, chief minister, dhan, gandhi my father, gujarat, jariwala, manoj joshi, narendra modi, paresh rawal, public appearances, saas bhi kabhi, saas bhi kabhi bahu thi, shakeel, tv celebrities