Panta new Himachal LokayuktaAugust 24th, 2011 - 4:38 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Aug 24 (IANS) Former Supreme Court judge L.S. Panta has been appointed the Lokayukta (ombudsman) of Himachal Pradesh, Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal said here Wednesday.
“Panta has been appointed Lokayukta and he has sought some time to join,” Dhumal told reporters.
Panta, who is currently the chairperson of the National Green Tribunal, a judicial body aimed at expediting environment-related cases, hails from Jubbal area of Shimla district.
He was a judge of the Himachal Pradesh High Court before being elevated to the Supreme Court.
The Lokayukta’s post has been vacant since May this after the tenure of Justice Bhawani Singh expired.
- Himachal Lokayukta will be strengthened, says new chief - Feb 03, 2012
- We will give Lokayukta more powers in Himachal: Chief Minister (Interview) - Dec 30, 2011
- National Green Tribunal starts functioning - Jul 04, 2011
- India's first green tribunal gets scores of environment cases (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Himachal assembly passes Lokayukta bill - Apr 06, 2012
- Himachal introduces bill to strengthen Lokayukta - Apr 04, 2012
- Karnataka given two days to start ombudsman appointment process - Jul 23, 2012
- Himachal introduces bill to strengthen Lokayukta (Lead) - Apr 04, 2012
- Himachal seeks Rs.4,000 crore claim from centre - Apr 04, 2012
- Himachal brings panchayats in Lokayukta's ambit - Mar 11, 2011
- Himachal assembly passes Lokayukta bill (Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- Court cancels Karnataka deputy ombudsman's appointment (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- No need to follow Uttarakhand on Lokayukta: Dhumal - Apr 03, 2012
- Green court questions government on Jaitapur n-plant - Sep 29, 2011
- Himachal horticulture minister gets health portfolio too - Aug 14, 2012