Pakistan yet to reply on Mumbai dossier: PranabJanuary 11th, 2009 - 8:09 pm ICT by IANS
Lalgola (West Bengal), Jan 11 (IANS) India has not yet received any official communication from Pakistan on a dossier over the Mumbai terrorist attack, External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee said here Sunday.”We’ve not yet received any official communication from Pakistan till Saturday. We have already given all documents on the matter to Pakistan,” Mukherjee told reporters after attending a Congress rally in Lalgola, about 220 km north of Kolkata, in Murshidabad district of West Bengal.
“But, I don’t know if they (Pakistan) have sent anything today (Sunday),” he added.
Foreign Secretary Shivshankar Menon Jan 5 handed over the 52-page dossier of evidence on the Nov 26 attacks to Pakistan’s High Commissioner Shahid Malik.
While India said it was awaiting Pakistan’s communication on the evidences, Pakistan has said it has responded.
“India has given 52 pages (dossier) to the CIA (Central Intelligence Agency) and our ISI (Inter-Services Intelligence) has given its feedback and information sharing. That has been passed on to India,” Pakistani Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani said Friday.
Mukherjee said India had sent the dossier to various countries.
“All of them praised our action that we’ve taken in the Mumbai terror attack,” he added.
“The conspiracy for the attack had been hatched in Pakistan and thus the neighbouring country has to probe activities of the elements involved in planning the strike.”
Tags: central intelligence agency, cia central intelligence agency, external affairs minister, external affairs minister pranab mukherjee, gilani, inter services, pakistani prime minister, pranab mukherjee, shahid malik, west bengal