‘Pakistan will not tolerate surgical strike by India’December 26th, 2008 - 12:39 am ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Dec 25 (Xinhua) Pakistani Foreign Minister Makhdoom Shah Mehmood Qureshi Thursday said he hoped India would not commit the mistake of carrying out surgical strikes in Pakistan.”We will be compelled to respond if it happens,” he said while talking to reporters in Multan in Punjab province.
Responding to a question whether the possibility of war can be ruled out, Qureshi said, “If you are asking me, I am not ruling out anything. But if war is imposed, we will respond to it like a brave and self-respecting nation.
“I want to give a message to India that we are the torch-bearers of peace and remain committed to our desire for peace,” Qureshi said. “Contrary to our reasonable, cooperative and non-aggressive attitude, some elements from India were issuing provocative statements.”
The official Associated Press of Pakistan quoted Qureshi as saying that Pakistan condemned terrorism and wanted to expose those involved in terrorism and had already promised cooperation in the regard.
He said, “We will not resort to provocation while remaining committed to cooperation but at the same time we will also not tolerate any pressure.
“We want to give a message that the whole nation stands united and knows how to defend the geographical boundaries of the motherland,” Qureshi said.
“We are continuously monitoring situation on the ground and in the air. Our air force and armed forces are on alert,” he added.
- Pak will launch NWA operation at own discretion, not under external pressure: Qureshi - Oct 31, 2010
- Pak wishes to see Mumbai terror attack culprits punished: Qureshi - Nov 27, 2010
- Pakistan willing to engage with India: Qureshi - Nov 08, 2010
- Pak ready to support any Afghan-led peace initiative: Qureshi - Jun 30, 2010
- Pak won't sacrifice its national interest for war on terror: Qureshi - Oct 20, 2010
- Pak can wait for meaningful dialogue with India: Qureshi - Mar 07, 2010
- Krishna's arrival statement in Pakistan - Jul 14, 2010
- Qureshi's diatribe against US policy, Pak leadership following ouster as Foreign Minister - Feb 20, 2011
- Qureshi urges international community to help Pak govt in war on terror - Nov 23, 2010
- Kashmiris should decide Kashmir's fate: Qureshi - Jun 30, 2010
- Pak facing resistance from India over consistency in dialogue process: Qureshi - Jul 28, 2010
- Qureshi welcomes Krishna's statement on Indo-Pak dialogue - Jan 03, 2011
- 26/11 attackers must be punished: Pakistan foreign minister - Nov 26, 2010
- Pak ups the ante by linking resolution of Kashmir issue to success in US-led war on terror - Sep 25, 2010
- Pakistan seeks German defence equipment to enhance counter-terrorism capacity - Jan 09, 2011