Pakistan set for sixth national censusApril 20th, 2009 - 3:01 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, April 20 (IANS) Pakistan is all set for its sixth national census, the first phase of which will be conducted April 27-May 11.
This phase will cover “house listing operations”, while the second and main phase covering “population and housing census” will be conducted in October, The News said Monday, quoting the government’s Statistics Division.
Instruction manuals have been distributed at the district level, while the training of enumerators, which began last month, will be completed by Thursday.
Preparatory work involving updating of rural and urban maps and delimitation of census areas has already been completed and census questionnaires have been formulated in consultation with stake holders, keeping in view national needs and international recommendations.
“Three questionnaires have been finalised and approved by the Census Advisory Committee which were drafted in consultation with data users and experts and in the light of recommendations made in a census methodology workshop,” The News said.
A pilot project to test census procedures had been carried out in March-April 2008.
Cartographic and geographic work to update rural and urban areas maps has also been completed.
- Count of India's poor begins Wednesday from Tripura (Lead) - Jun 28, 2011
- Enumerators to get security cover in Maoist-hit areas in Bengal - Feb 03, 2011
- Government plans new bill to ban manual scavenging - Apr 19, 2012
- Census enumeration to start Feb 9 - Feb 07, 2011
- Caste will be included in Indian census - Sep 09, 2010
- Independent India's first caste census kicks off (Lead) - Jun 29, 2011
- Fine-tuning of poor headcount required: Minister - May 21, 2011
- India begins 1.2 billion population headcount (Roundup) - Feb 09, 2011
- India begins headcount of its 1.2 billion population (Intro Roundup) - Feb 09, 2011
- Vice President Ansari enumerated for second phase of Census 2011 - Feb 09, 2011
- Last phase of census starts in Delhi - Feb 09, 2011
- Second phase of 2011 census kick starts in Orissa - Feb 09, 2011
- India does first urban poverty survey - May 31, 2011
- Soldiers and troopers for head count in census phase-2 - Feb 05, 2011
- Independent India's first caste census kicks-off - Jun 29, 2011
Tags: cartographic, census advisory committee, census areas, census methodology, census procedures, census questionnaires, consultation, data users, delimitation, enumerators, instruction manuals, international recommendations, islamabad, methodology workshop, national census, pilot project, preparatory work, rural and urban areas, stake holders, urban maps