Pakistan not to extend tenure of its envoys to India, BrusselsApril 21st, 2009 - 6:06 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, April 21 (IANS) Pakistani Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has refused to extend the tenure of the country’s high commissioners to India and Brussels.
A summary to extend the tenure of Pakistani High Commissioner to India Shahid Malik was sent to Gilani but he rejected it, the Online news agency said Tuesday.
The Pakistani leader has sought new names from the foreign ministry for the appointment of a new high commissioner to India, the report said, citing unnamed sources.
It is expected that senior diplomats Zameer Akram or Khalid Aziz Babar would be appointed as new Pakistan’s High Commissioner to India, it said.
The tenure of Pakistan’s High Commissioner to Brussels Shafqat Saeed has also ended and it has been decided that a new high commissioner would be appointed in Brussels instead of extending the tenure of the outgoing envoy, the report added.
- Pakistan not to extend tenure of its envoys to India, Brussels (Lead) - Apr 21, 2009
- Salman Bashir is new Pakistani envoy to India - Apr 14, 2012
- Supreme Court upholds Hafiz Saeed's release from house arrest (Lead) - May 25, 2010
- Get well soon, Gilani wishes Sonia Gandhi - Mar 06, 2012
- India-Pakistan cricket ties may resume soon: Pakistani envoy - Jun 05, 2012
- Ahead of talks, Pakistan's new envoy arrives in India - Jun 21, 2012
- Zardari appoints Latif Khan Khosa as Punjab governor (Lead) - Jan 12, 2011
- Gilani names Zaheerul Islam as new ISI chief - Mar 10, 2012
- Haqqani gets two-year extension as Pakistan's Ambassador to Washington - Apr 10, 2011
- Salman Bashir likely to replace Malik as Pak HC to India - Jan 17, 2011
- Mohali meeting a new opening to settle disputes: Islamabad - Apr 01, 2011
- New poll panel chief after consensus: Pakistani PM - Feb 01, 2012
- India hands over dossier on Saeed to Pakistan - Aug 21, 2009
- Pakistan army chief gets three year extension - Jul 23, 2010
- 11 new ministers inducted in Pakistan (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
Tags: akram, babar, brussels, diplomats, foreign ministry, gilani, high commissioner, high commissioners, islamabad, khalid aziz, news agency, pakistan, pakistani prime minister, raza, saeed, shafqat, shahid malik, tenure, unnamed sources, yousuf