Over 500,000 participate in Moscow Day celebrationsSeptember 3rd, 2012 - 9:18 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Sep 3 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Over 500,000 people took part in the festive events in Moscow Sunday as the Russian capital went into the second day of its 2012 City Day celebrations, the Russian Interior Ministry reported Monday.
“More than 500,000 people attended festive events, over 300,000 of them in the city centre,” the ministry said.
“There were no public order violations or other emergency situations,” it said, adding that more than 8,000 police officers ensured order on the streets.
On the first day of City Day celebrations Saturday, the city saw over 1.5 million people taking part in festive events.
The Russian capital’s territory recently nearly doubled when Moscow incorporated some areas to the southwest of its former boundaries, so residents of the new territories also celebrated City Day.
- Over 380,000 policemen for Russia's election day - Mar 04, 2012
- Pro-Kremlin groups to stage 26 rallies in Moscow - Mar 04, 2012
- Russia registers three more political parties - Jun 05, 2012
- Russia urges Israel to halt settlement construction - Nov 03, 2011
- Russia warns citizens not to travel to Syria - Jun 21, 2012
- Virgin Mary relic displayed in Moscow - Nov 24, 2011
- Earth Hour in Moscow saves 2,400 kWh - Apr 01, 2012
- Russian aid planes reach Syria - Mar 12, 2012
- Ethnic discrimination a nationwide problem : Medvedev - Jul 06, 2011
- Russian ex-servicemen sentenced for stealing MiG parts - Jun 20, 2012
- Russia warns US on Georgia support - Jun 07, 2012
- Medvedev declares June 6 as Russian Language Day - Jun 06, 2011
- Uzbek woman held with 2,000 tortoises - Apr 05, 2012
- Russia to ban smoking indoors - Apr 21, 2012
- Russian inspectors begin surveillance flight over US - Apr 08, 2012