Over 14,000 illegal construction cases registered in DelhiMarch 21st, 2012 - 9:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 21 (IANS) The Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) has registered 14,306 cases of unauthorized constructions, demolished 5,128 and sealed 2,476 constructions in the last three years, the Rajya Sabha was informed Wednesday.
In a written reply, Minister of State for Home Affairs Mullappally Ramachandran said the MCD as well as the Delhi Police were making all efforts to curb cases of illegal construction in the capital.
“MCD has registered 14,306 cases of unauthorized construction in the last 3 years. It has also fully/partially demolished 5,128 constructions and sealed 2,476 buildings in the same period,” said Ramachandran.
The minister further said that four people were arrested in 2011 in connection with cases related to illegal constructions while none were arrested till Feb 29, 2012.
“Whenever any apprehension to the security of the whistleblowers is brought to the notice of police, immediate legal action is taken by Delhi Police and security is provided to such individual after necessary enquiry,” said Ramachandran.
- MCD demolishes, seals illegal structures - Dec 23, 2010
- MCD acted on only 357 of 8,030 illegal construction complaints - Nov 23, 2010
- MCD demolishes 8 buildings in east Delhi - Dec 16, 2010
- MCD demolition drive continues - Dec 03, 2010
- 10 arrested in spurious drugs cases in Delhi this year - Aug 09, 2011
- Unauthorized construction: MCD must respond - Nov 02, 2011
- 299 prosecuted in Delhi for using red beacons - Aug 30, 2011
- Two hurt in roof collapse during MCD demolition - Jan 05, 2011
- Four kids crushed to death (Lead) - Feb 26, 2012
- MCD demolishes nine buildings in east Delhi - Dec 22, 2010
- Govt taking steps to check illegal movement of arms - May 05, 2010
- Court seeks action ASI report over mosque - Aug 24, 2012
- IIT-Kanpur to probe presence of Mughal structure in Delhi park - Aug 31, 2012
- Former DMK minister Ramachandran arrested - Apr 11, 2012
- Parts of five buildings demolished in west Delhi - Dec 20, 2010
Tags: 3 years, apprehension, construction cases, delhi police, enquiry, feb 29, home affairs, illegal construction, illegal constructions, march 21, minister of state, municipal corporation of delhi, municipal corporation of delhi mcd, New Delhi, rajya sabha, reply, whistleblowers