Osama was involved in Benazir’s assassination: MalikJune 22nd, 2011 - 6:08 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, June 22 (IANS) Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden was involved in the assassination of Pakistan’s former prime minister Benazir Bhutto, Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said.
Daily Times reported that Malik told reporters Tuesday that: “The assassins and perpetrators of Benazir Bhutto’s murder have been identified; some have been arrested while others have been declared proclaimed offenders.
“If the party leadership will allow I will disclose who they were, where the plan was prepared and how they came to Rawalpindi.”
Malik said since the matter was sub judice he would not comment any further on the case. He, however, added that al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden was involved in Bhutto’s assassination.
Bhutto was killed in a suicide attack. The first woman prime minister in an Islamic state, Bhutto, was leaving an election rally in Rawalpindi Dec 27, 2007 when shots were fired at her and a bomb was detonated.
- Pakistan to tap Interpol for Musharraf's arrest - Feb 25, 2012
- Taliban vows revenge over Osama killing - May 03, 2011
- World should jointly tackle terror: Pakistan - Jul 04, 2011
- Pakistan rejects report about Bin Laden's presence on its soil - Oct 19, 2010
- Five in race for Pakistan PM's post (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- PPP probe report confirms Musharraf, Elahi not involved in Benazir's assassination - Apr 08, 2011
- Pakistan court declares Musharraf 'proclaimed offender' - May 30, 2011
- Pakistan arrested over 3,000 terrorists in three years - Aug 04, 2011
- Musharraf may be returning to his own grief: Daily - Jan 26, 2012
- India to keep engaging with Pakistan: Chidambaram - May 12, 2011
- Benazir Bhutto's assassins arrested: Malik - Mar 26, 2011
- Pak forms probe team to see if Benazir murder plot was hatched in Brigadier's house - Jan 01, 2011
- Rs.5 mn for Karachi attack information - May 30, 2011
- Gilani for coordinated efforts to improve security - Jun 29, 2011
- Gordon Brown 'ordered' Zardari to "take Osama bin Laden out": WikiLeaks - Feb 02, 2011
Tags: al qaeda, assassins, benazir bhutto, bomb, election rally, first woman, former prime minister, interior minister, islamabad, islamic state, osama bin laden, pakistan, party leadership, perpetrators, proclaimed offenders, qaeda leader, rehman malik, suicide attack