Orissa cabinet recommends assembly’s dissolutionMay 14th, 2009 - 5:02 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, May 14 (IANS) The Orissa cabinet Thursday recommended dissolution of the 147-member state assembly, whose term expires Friday, official sources said.
The decision was taken at a cabinet meeting, presided over by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, at the state secretariat and the recommendation sent to Governor M.C. Bhandare.
The 13th state assembly was constituted on May 15, 2004. Elections for the 14th assembly were held in two phases - April 16 and April 23. Counting of the votes will take place Saturday.
- Six new ministers in Orissa cabinet (Lead) - May 10, 2011
- Naveen Patnaik suspends Mohapatra, drops two ministers - Jun 01, 2012
- Orissa budget session off to a stormy start (Lead) - Feb 14, 2011
- Patnaik reshuffles ministry, drops five (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Patnaik slams petrol price hike - Nov 05, 2011
- Naveen Patnaik suspends Mohapatra, drops two ministers (Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- PM arrives in Bhubaneswar (Lead) - Jan 02, 2012
- Pratibha Patil in Orissa - Dec 08, 2009
- Sea of pilgrims at Puri for annual chariot festival - Jul 03, 2011
- Odisha protests neglect in railway budget - Mar 15, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik sworn in as Orissa Chief MinisterNaveen Patnaik sworn in as Orissa Chief Minister - May 21, 2009
- Punjab cabinet recommends dissolution of assembly - Feb 24, 2012
- Orissa minister resigns over pulses scam (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Former BJD MP Brahmananda Panda dies - Jan 30, 2010
- Odisha gangrape: Minister resigns (Lead) - Jan 19, 2012