Order independent probe into defence ministry developments: HazareApril 10th, 2012 - 8:01 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 10 (IANS) Anna Hazare Tuesday wrote to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh urging him to order an inquiry into the recent developments in the defence ministry by an authority independent of the government.
Referring to the recent report in The Indian Express on unnotified movement of troops to Delhi, Hazare said there could be a “high level of conspiracy behind these reports” being published. He also said that international arms dealers could be sponsoring such news, and it “raises concerns”.
He also said though the government has ordered a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) inquiry, both the CBI and Intelligence Bureau are under the government and thus an impartial probe is not possible.
“Take CBI out of government control immediately, without this an impartial probe is not possible,” Hazare said.
- BJP MP, to be quizzed, praises murdered activist - Sep 01, 2011
- Interpol differs with Anna on CBI's integrity - Dec 16, 2011
- Consider plea for CBI probe against Team Anna: Court (Second Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Full faith in Anna's movement, say whistle-blowers' families, friends - Mar 25, 2012
- CBI to probe RTI activist's murder in Bhopal - Aug 18, 2011
- PMO rejects allegations against Manmohan, Team Anna cries foul (Second Lead) - Jun 09, 2012
- Hazare writes to PM, renews stir threat - Dec 17, 2011
- Hazare-government tensions can cause political turbulence again - Sep 04, 2011
- Lokpal bill: Who stands where - Dec 22, 2011
- Government trying to break Team Anna, says Hazare (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Hazare writes to PM, reiterates agitation threat (Lead) - Dec 17, 2011
- Apex court notice to Hazare, Maharashtra, central government - Oct 17, 2011
- Government vs Team Anna - demands on Lokpal - Dec 27, 2011
- Anna threatens renewed agitation, PM says committed to pass Lokpal (Roundup) - Dec 17, 2011
- Hazare warns of another fast, government says no reason (Roundup) - Nov 01, 2011
Tags: anna hazare, cbi inquiry, central bureau of investigation, conspiracy, defence ministry, government control, impartial probe, independent probe, indian express, intelligence bureau, manmohan, manmohan singh, New Delhi, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, recent developments