Onus on government to pass Lokpal bill: Kiran BediDecember 30th, 2011 - 12:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 30 (IANS) Team Anna Friday blamed the ruling United Progressive Alliance (UPA) for the failure to pass the Lokpal bill in the Rajya Sabha and said the onus was on the government to get it cleared.
“The onus in on the government and they should have told the parliament members that we (all) are bound by the resolution passed by the house and the only thing is that we have to work on the mechanics,” Team Anna member Kiran Bedi told reporters here.
She said they would continue to campaign for a strong and effective Lokpal.
The Rajya Sabha failed to pass the Lokpal bill Thursday. The house was adjourned sine dine amid chaos, putting a question mark on the future of the anti-corruption law.
- BJP should have acted wisely, responsibly: Khurshid - Dec 30, 2011
- BJP, Congress seek to pin down each other on Lokpal bill fiasco (Intro-Roundup) - Dec 31, 2011
- Day after Lokpal bill failure, battlelines drawn (Afternoon Lead) - Dec 30, 2011
- Lokpal bill now in freeze, but discourse gets hotter (Roundup) - Dec 30, 2011
- Government had no intention to pass Lokpal bill: Team Anna (Lead) - Dec 30, 2011
- Congress ditched nation regarding Lokpal: Left - Dec 31, 2011
- Congress synonymous with corruption: Buddhadeb - Dec 30, 2011
- More protests if Lokpal bill not passed: Bedi - Nov 18, 2011
- Lokpal bill in budget session: government (Second Lead) - Dec 30, 2011
- Anna unwell, team meeting postponed - Dec 31, 2011
- Lokpal bill listed to be tabled in Rajya Sabha (Lead) - May 21, 2012
- BJP delegation to meet president over Lokal bill - Dec 31, 2011
- Lokpal bill goes to committee, Anna announces another agitation (Roundup) - May 21, 2012
- Lokpal Bill banks on people's legal illiteracy: Bedi - Aug 15, 2012
- Show courage for strong Lokpal bill: Hazare to PM (Lead) - Jan 22, 2012