Online course on political leadership for women launchedDecember 2nd, 2009 - 7:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 2 (IANS) The Centre for Social Research (CSR) Wednesday launched an online course on political leadership for women.
“The course in political leadership is meant for all those who seek foundational information and knowledge to bolster personal goals. Our online course will act as a springboard for women looking for ways to develop their leadership skills and knowledge,” CSR Director Ranjana Kumari said.
“It would also give them a platform to understand the dynamics of political processes.”
The course targets women interested in political leadership who seek to understand the options available to them and the steps they need to take.
The course was launched as part of the ‘South Asia Experience Sharing Workshop’ on ‘Enhancing the Role of Women in Strengthening Democracy’ - a joint project of the Indian government, United Nations Democracy Fund, United Nation Development Programme, CSR and Women Power Connect (WPC).
“We are hopeful that this course will reach out to a large number of potential women leaders and will significantly increase the number of women in political roles from both the grassroots and legislative levels,” said N. Hamsa, WPC’s executive director.
- Rs.4.75 lakh course for aspiring women politicians - Apr 10, 2012
- Crime against women rise in northeast - Feb 14, 2012
- 'One hurdle down, many more ahead for women's bill' - Mar 10, 2010
- New units to tackle human trafficking - May 12, 2011
- More women in parliament will change face of Indian politics (Comment) - Mar 13, 2010
- Training women to become future leaders - Mar 08, 2010
- Women in politics should address gender issues: NGO - Nov 09, 2009
- Women still missing from India's politics (March 8 is International Women's Day) - Mar 05, 2011
- Perception of women managers remains unchanged: Study - Jun 09, 2011
- 'Mamata, Jayalalithaa victories repose faith in women' - May 13, 2011
- German embassy to aid girl child protection campaign - Mar 20, 2012
- Website lists 100 unsafe zones for women in Delhi - Sep 30, 2011
- Hopes run high with women's reservation bill - Mar 07, 2010
- Helping women in distress fight back - Dec 09, 2010
- Motivating women to contest elections (For International Women's Day) - Mar 08, 2009
Tags: asia experience, democracy, executive director, grassroots, hamsa, indian government, leadership skills, New Delhi, personal goals, political leadership, political processes, ranjana kumari, role of women, South Asia, springboard, united nation, united nations, women leaders, women power, wpc