One killed in Tehran protestFebruary 15th, 2011 - 5:44 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, Feb 15 (IANS) One person was killed and many were wounded in protests in the Iranian capital, police said Tuesday.The man was a bystander and was shot by “Monafeghin”, or the dissident Paris-based People’s Mujahedeen of Iran (PMOI), Mehr news agency quoted deputy police chief Ahmad Reza Radan as saying.
Nine security personnel were wounded, the police official said, adding that police have arrested some PMOI members.
Radan blamed the US, Britain and Israel for provoking unrest in Iran.
- One protester dies in Iran clashes, opposition leader detained (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Iran threatens to cut oil exports to more countries - Feb 21, 2012
- Bush-era officials urge Obama to strike off Iran opposition group from terror list - Dec 18, 2010
- 40 arrested for Iran suicide bombings - Jul 17, 2010
- Iran blames Israel for killing nuclear staff (Lead) - Jan 11, 2012
- Iran arrests suspects over n-scientists' murders - Jun 15, 2012
- Iran plans to sell more arms to 'friendly' states - Mar 11, 2012
- US, Israel responsible for Syrian insecurity: Iran - Jul 20, 2012
- TV series to explore life of Iran's last shah - May 14, 2011
- Iranians protest anti-Islam movie - Sep 13, 2012
- Iran claims being hit by second cyber attack - Apr 26, 2011
- Iran spied upon from centres in neighbouring countries: MP - Nov 10, 2011
- Iran executes PMOI party member over 'enemy of God' charges - Dec 28, 2010
- Iranian, Egyptian presidents discuss NAM objectives, region - Aug 30, 2012
- Iran's nuclear achievement has angered US: official - Apr 11, 2010
Tags: ahmad reza, bystander, capital police, deputy police chief, iran, iranian capital, israel, mehr news agency, mujahedeen, pmoi, police official, protests, radan, security personnel, tehran protest, unrest