Omar sounded like George Bush: MehboobaJuly 11th, 2010 - 4:59 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, July 11 (IANS) Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) leader Mehbooba Mufti Sunday said Chief Minister Omar Abdullah sounded like former US president George Bush when he asked her to attend an all-party meeting on the situation in Jammu and Kashmir.
“He was giving me an ultimatum like a George Bush, trying to tell me either you are with us or against us,” Mehbooba told reporters as she snubbed the offer, saying the meeting was futile.
“Nothing is going to come out of the meeting,” she said.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh telephoned Mehbooba Saturday, urging her to attend the meeting called Monday by Abdullah to discuss the volatile situation in the state where the army was called in to stage flag marches in curfew-bound towns to restore law and order following violent protests over civilian killings in the Valley.
Abdullah has said the meeting was called to “seek a common approach” to the problem in the state.
- PM urges Mehbooba Mufti to attend Kashmir meeting - Jul 11, 2010
- Omar Abdullah calls all-party meeting Monday - Jul 09, 2010
- Mehbooba turns down PM's request on Kashmir meeting (Second Lead) - Jul 11, 2010
- PDP to attend PM's all party-meet on Kashmir - Sep 15, 2010
- All party meeting on Kashmir Monday - Jul 12, 2010
- Autonomy cannot solve Kashmir issue: Mehbooba Mufti - Aug 12, 2010
- Omar Abdullah holds meet, discusses agenda of Monday's all-party meeting - Jul 11, 2010
- Kashmir crisis: Omar asks PDP to attend Monday's all-party meet - Jul 10, 2010
- Kashmir crisis: Congress leaders urge Mufti, Mehbooba to take part in all-party meeting - Jul 12, 2010
- Kashmir crisis: Prime Minister requests Mehbooba to attend all-party meet - Jul 11, 2010
- Restrictions, separatist shutdown hit life in Srinagar - Jul 12, 2010
- Defiant Mehbooba turns down PM's plea to attend Monday's all-party meeting - Jul 11, 2010
- Mehbooba says no to PM on Kashmir meeting (Lead) - Jul 11, 2010
- Kashmir Valley calm, PDP backs out of all-party meet (Roundup) - Jul 11, 2010
- Not much hope from all-party meet as PDP to stay away (News Analysis) - Jul 11, 2010
Tags: chief minister, civilian killings, democratic party, george bush, jammu, kashmir, law and order, manmohan, manmohan singh, marches, mehbooba, mufti, president george bush, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, srinagar, ultimatum, us president george, violent protests, volatile situation