Omar drops Congress minister caught in scamAugust 26th, 2010 - 9:48 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Aug 26 (IANS) Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Thursday asked Governor N.N. Vohra to drop Roads and Buildings Minister G.M. Saroori, who is embroiled in a scam, from the council of ministers.
The decision to drop Saroori, of coalition ally Congress, was taken in the wake of an M.B.B.S. entrance examination scam unearthed recently in Jammu in which Saroori’s daughter, Huma Tabassum had used a proxy candidate to take the test in her place.
Timely intervention by the police had unearthed the scam in which seven proxy candidates, appearing in the entrance test for local candidates, were arrested.
The Congress leadership had asked Omar Abdullah to sack Saroori in the wake of the entrance exam scam.
- Kashmir minister asked to resign after pilgrimage - Aug 25, 2010
- Kashmir education minister cheated for son's exam? (Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
- Omar Abdullah sacks Roads and Buildings Minister Saroori in J-K - Aug 26, 2010
- Peerzada says Sonia rejected his resignation - Feb 11, 2012
- Kashmir education minister resigns (Lead) - Feb 10, 2012
- Kashmir minister says Sonia rejected resignation letter (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- Army chief visiting Jammu and Kashmir Friday - Jun 14, 2012
- Justice Mahesh Mittal Kumar sworn-in as J&K; chief justice - Jun 08, 2012
- Soz discusses AFSPA with governor? - Nov 21, 2011
- Kashmir education minister cheated for son's exam? - Jan 30, 2012
- Omar briefs governor on security - Jan 16, 2012
- PM in Jammu for daylong visit - Mar 04, 2011
- Ishar new vice-chancellor of Jammu university - Jan 18, 2012
- US senator meets Kashmir governor, chief minister - Aug 17, 2011
- Omar's meeting with governor routine: Government - Oct 08, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,