Obama’s approval ratings hit an all-time lowApril 2nd, 2011 - 12:37 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington DC, April 1 (THAINDIAN NEWS) President Barack Obama’s approval ratings continue to fluctuate with every decision that he makes. The latest figures show that the President’s approval rating has hit all time low primarily due to the way he handled the crisis in Libya.
In the new Quinnipiac Poll which was released Wednesday, only 42 percent of Americans said they approve the President’s job so far with 48 percent disapproving. The President’s approval rating is the lowest so far in his presidency. In January, the President’s approval ratings seemed to be resurging after the disappointing midterm elections. His approval ratings was 48 percent but all that seems to have changed now.
Only 34 percent of Americans approve the way that he is handling the economy. The poll found that as much as 60 percent of Americans disapprove of the President’s handling of the US economy. Another banana peel for the President’s approval rating is the way that he handled the Libyan intervention. The Quinnipiac poll found that about 45 percent disapprove the intervention.
The President though scored high among young Americans. The President’s approval in young voters between 18 and 35 remains high at 47 percent.
- Obama's approval rating is at an all time new low - Aug 15, 2011
- 5 in10 Americans think Obama does not deserve second term: Quinnipiac Poll - Mar 31, 2011
- Obama leads Romney in 3 swing states - Aug 02, 2012
- Obama's approval rating increases four points to 48 percent - Aug 27, 2010
- Americans give Obama mixed report card for his first year - Jan 14, 2010
- Obama, Romney tied in presidential race: Poll - May 23, 2012
- Obama's approval ratings hit new low - Mar 13, 2012
- Obama may lose to unnamed Republican challenger in 2012: Varsity poll - Jul 22, 2010
- Poll: Health care reform is Barack Obama's best and worst - Jan 14, 2011
- Poll: Michelle Obama popularity on rise compared to Barack Obama - Jul 22, 2010
- Obama staging comeback in the eyes of American people, finds new poll - Dec 21, 2010
- More Americans want a new president than Obama to be re-elected: Fox News poll - Apr 08, 2011
- Gaddafi keener to stay in power than Obama to oust him says Fox News Poll - Apr 07, 2011
- Obama's approval ratings 'remain steady' despite several setbacks: Poll - Dec 17, 2010
- Nearly seven in ten Americans support air strikes against Gaddafi forces - Mar 23, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,