Obama victorious in battle with flyJune 17th, 2009 - 3:00 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, June 17 (IANS) President Barack Obama took matters into his own hands when he was bothered by a fly during a television interview at the White House, media reports said Wednesday.
He told the persistent fly to “Get out of here”, but that made no difference and the fly kept buzzing around the president.
So Obama waited for the fly to settle, put his hand up and then smacked the fly dead in one attempt.
Without missing a beat, the president said to news channel correspondent John Harwood: “Now, where were we?”
But he then returned to the incident, saying: “That was pretty impressive, wasn’t it? I got the sucker,” Geo TV reported.
The camera crew continued to film throughout the incident, leading Obama to point at the vanquished insect on the floor and say: “You want to film that?”
- Obama kills a fly during TV interview at the White House - Jun 17, 2009
- President Obama Kills Fly - Jun 17, 2009
- Obama ensnared in 'flygate' - Jun 19, 2009
- Fly troubles Delhi minister, but no Obama act - Jun 22, 2009
- Minka Kelly miffed with butt slap on the sets of Charlie's Angels - Sep 22, 2011
- Jared Harris terrifies Robert Downey Jr - Dec 13, 2011
- Paula Abdul gets upset when 'X-Factor' contestant drops his pants - Sep 23, 2011
- Gulshan Grover: Premature Info On 'The Driver' Upsets Director Bill Duke - Jan 14, 2011
- Clinton vindicated over UNSC Libya no-fly zone proposal - Mar 18, 2011
- Photographer says naked college sex romp pics were not meant to go viral - Mar 31, 2011
- Manmohan dinner crashers top Time's '10 Memorable State-Dinner Moments' - Jan 19, 2011
- The White House owes us an apology, say the Salahis (Lead) - May 19, 2010
- Salahis say White House owes them an apology - May 19, 2010
- Farhan's date with Milkha Singh - Nov 12, 2011
- Abbie Cornish strips off to promote her sexy new role in 'Sucker Punch' - Mar 30, 2011