Obama to visit Palestinian territories, meet AbbasJuly 14th, 2008 - 6:44 pm ICT by IANS
Ramallah (Palestine), July 14 (Xinhua) US presidential candidate Barack Obama will visit the Palestinian territories this month and will meet President Mahmoud Abbas, a Palestinian official said Monday. The US senator will arrive in the region July 23, according to the official who spoke on condition of anonymity.
“This visit reflects Obama’s interest in resolving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict since it is the core of tension in the Middle East,” the official said.
“It also proves that all American parties are interested in the Palestinian cause and in making peace in the region.”
According to Obama’s electoral campaign, the tour will also include visits to Israel, Jordan, France, Germany and Britain.
- Krishna leaves for Israel, Palestine Sunday - Jan 06, 2012
- Palestinians not optimistic about peace with new Israeli government - May 09, 2012
- Dozens of Palestinians wounded in clashes with Israeli soldiers - Mar 31, 2012
- No alternative to peace talks: Abbas (Lead, Changing dateline) - Sep 16, 2010
- Obama calls Abbas, favours direct Palestine-Israel talks - Jul 10, 2010
- Abandon new settlement plans, Russia urges Israel - Oct 17, 2011
- Palestinians seek political, financial support from Baghdad Arab summit - Mar 26, 2012
- Palestine rejects US call to start direct talks - Jul 18, 2010
- Israel nod for Quartet peace plan, urges Palestinian acceptance - Oct 02, 2011
- Gaza violence overshadows Mideast peace talks - Sep 16, 2010
- Israel okays West Bank housing ahead of Biden visit - Mar 08, 2010
- Al-Jazeera exposed 'Palestine Papers' has made Israel-Palestine peace pact harder: US - Jan 25, 2011
- Israel raids Palestinian TV stations in Ramallah - Mar 01, 2012
- Netanyahu discusses peace moves with Jordan king - Jul 27, 2010
- Abbas suspends peace talks - Oct 02, 2010
Tags: american parties, anonymity, barack obama, electoral campaign, france germany, israel jordan, israeli palestinian conflict, july 14, mahmoud abbas, middle east, palestinian cause, palestinian official, palestinian territories, president mahmoud abbas, presidential candidate, ramallah, ramallah palestine, tension, us senator, xinhua