Obama to celebrate 49th birthday without familyAugust 1st, 2010 - 4:17 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, Aug 1 (IANS) US President Barack Obama will celebrate his 49th birthday Wednesday in Chicago without his wife and daughters.
First lady Michelle Obama plans a trip to Spain with daughter Sasha, 9, next week, and word is that daughter Malia, 12, is off to camp, the Chicago Tribune reported Sunday.
Though there will be plenty of FOBs - Friends of Barack - to help blow out the candles for the final gasp of his 40s.
“Unfortunately, I can’t comment on any birthday-related activities. Sorry,” said Chicago attorney Obama Alan S. King who is a friend of Obama.
A safe bet is that basketball will figure, as happened last year when the first lady had arranged for her husband’s friends, including King, to visit Camp David, for some birthday fun and games.
Obama will depart for Chicago Wednesday afternoon and return to Washington Thursday evening after touring the South Side Ford Motor Co, a White House official said.
- Obama shoots hoops with basketball stars on b'day - Aug 09, 2010
- Obama's grass widower days over with a birthday bash (Lead) - Aug 09, 2010
- Home alone, Obama has a bachelor party - Aug 09, 2010
- President Obama Spends 49th Birthday Home Alone - Aug 04, 2010
- Michelle not to celebrate Obama's birthday - Jul 27, 2010
- Obama's 49th b'day: home alone with grey hair and Winfrey, but no cake - Aug 05, 2010
- Michelle, Sasha in Spain on Obama's birthday (Second Lead) - Jul 27, 2010
- Beckham sends box of underwear to Obama - Jul 21, 2012
- Obama's daughters find him embarrassing - Jan 14, 2012
- Bachelor boy Obama goes without birthday - Aug 05, 2010
- Michelle Obama, daughter visit Spain's historic Granada - Aug 06, 2010
- Obama celebrates 50th birthday with friends, family - Aug 05, 2011
- Stefani to host Obama fundraiser with Michelle - Jul 05, 2012
- Michelle Obama, daughter Sasha to tour Spain - Jul 27, 2010
- Michelle Obama set to savour Spanish holiday with daughter - Aug 02, 2010
Tags: 40s, barack obama, basketball, birthday fun, blow out the candles, camp david, chicago attorney, chicago tribune, daughter sasha, first lady, ford motor, ford motor co, fun and games, malia, michelle obama, safe bet, trip to spain, wednesday afternoon, white house, who is a friend