Obama speaks with foreign leaders on Egypt situationJanuary 31st, 2011 - 5:44 am ICT by IANS
Washington, Jan 31 (IANS) US President Barack Obama has spoken with leaders from Turkey, Israel, Saudi Arabia and Britain on the present situation in Egypt, the White House said.Obama spoke to Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Saudi King Abdullah Saturday, and to British Prime Minister David Cameron Sunday, Xinhua reported citing a White House statement.
In his calls, Obama reiterated his opposition to violence.
The US president said he supported an “orderly transition” to a government that is responsive to “the aspirations of the Egyptian people”, according to the statement.
Anti-government protests continued for the sixth day across Egypt Sunday as demonstrators demanded the ouster of President Hosni Mubarak.
- Analysts welcome US' demand for "orderly transition" to democratic govt in Egypt - Jan 31, 2011
- Turkey congratulates Egyptian people - Feb 12, 2011
- Unrest swells in Egypt as cornered government bans Al-Jazeera (Roundup) - Jan 30, 2011
- Turkey objects to NATO military intervention in Libya - Mar 14, 2011
- Abu Dhabi prince meets Turkish leaders - Feb 29, 2012
- 13 die in Turkish prison fire - Jun 17, 2012
- Turkey role model for Islamic states: Gilani - May 22, 2012
- Parties making progress on Middle East peace process: Obama - Sep 02, 2010
- UEFA congress begins in Istanbul - Mar 22, 2012
- Now, a calmed Israel expresses admiration, sympathy for Egyptians - Feb 14, 2011
- Mubarak, family under house arrest: Egyptian military - Mar 28, 2011
- Europe Leaders Call for faster transition in Egypt - Feb 03, 2011
- Mubarak and family under house arrest: Egypt military - Mar 29, 2011
- Bodies of Turkish pilots killed in Syria shooting found - Jul 05, 2012
- "Egypt is free!": Nation celebrates as Mubarak resigns - Feb 12, 2011
Tags: barack obama, benjamin netanyahu, british prime minister, david cameron, hosni mubarak, israeli prime minister, minister benjamin netanyahu, minister david, orderly transition, ouster, president hosni mubarak, prime minister benjamin, prime minister recep tayyip, prime minister recep tayyip erdogan, recep tayyip erdogan, saudi arabia, saudi king abdullah, sixth day, turkish prime minister, xinhua