Obama Eulogy Narrates Kennedy’s Lively ImpressionsAugust 30th, 2009 - 6:34 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
President Barack Obama is has delivered his eulogy for Kennedy at resort Island of Cape Cord, the landscape of which was itself painted and presented to Obama when he assumed office at Washington, and the painting still hangs in his private study at White House, reportedly.
Deputy Press Secretary Bill Burton revealed to sources that the eulogy would “be a personal message from the President about Senator Kennedy’s impact as a friend, legislator, mentor, colleague, and family member on those around him and our entire nation.”
The lead writer Jon Favreau, assisted him at the composition, along with former speechwriter for Kennedy Cody Keenan. The final impressions were thoughtfully created by Friday night when the President returned from Martha’s Vineyard Mass. to Boston.
“It is his giving heart that we will miss. It was the friend and colleague who was always the first to pick up the phone and say ‘I’m sorry for your loss or ‘I hope you feel better’ or ‘What can I do to help?’”, said US President Barack Obama.
The president appreciatively stated, that Kennedy was one “who sent birthday wishes and thank you notes, and even his paintings to so many who never imagined that a U.S. Senator of such stature would take the time to think about someone like them.”
The president seemed to arouse genuine affection for the down-to-earth Kennedy, after stating that it was common to have people saying, “You wouldn’t believe who called me today”, since the demised Senator had been very amiable and mixing with his near and dear ones.
- Obama may cut his Martha's Vineyard holiday short - Aug 28, 2009
- Obama family to begin their 6th holiday of the year - Aug 19, 2010
- Obama begins vacation by picking up summer reading - Aug 21, 2010
- Kennedy's death brings end to historic chapter: Obama - Aug 26, 2009
- President Barack Obama Lands On Martha's Vineyard For 10-Day Vacation With Family - Aug 20, 2010
- Obama mourns Kennedy's demise - Aug 27, 2009
- Obama spending rain-hit holiday playing Scrabble - Aug 25, 2010
- Senator Kennedy's Funeral Service On Saturday - Aug 29, 2009
- Obamas' condole death of Edward Kennedy - Aug 26, 2009
- Obamas' holiday in Martha's Vineyard kicks off - Aug 24, 2009
- Obama to cut short vacation due to Hurricane Irene - Aug 27, 2011
- Obama Set To Deliver Eulogy At Edward Kennedy's Funeral - Aug 27, 2009
- Obama to vacation at Martha's vineyard - Aug 11, 2011
- Obama sticks with his vacation at Martha's Vineyard - Aug 29, 2009
- Ted Kennedy greatest legislature: Obama - Aug 31, 2009
Tags: barack obama, bill burton, birthday wishes, colleague, deputy press, family member, friday night, genuine affection, impressions, jon favreau, keenan, legislator, mentor, message from the president, personal message, press secretary, private study, senator kennedy, speechwriter, stature