Obama celebrates 50th birthday with friends, familyAugust 5th, 2011 - 2:35 am ICT by IANS
Washington, Aug 5 (IANS) US President Barack Obama is celebrating his 50th birthday with friends and family, the White House said.
White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said during a briefing that the president - who turned 50 Thursday - will be toasted by senior staff at the White House, and he will have a “birthday gathering with friends and family” in the evening, Xinhua reported.
Obama was born Aug 4, 1961.
Some friends and family members were coming to celebrate his birthday from hometown Chicago, the White House said. His mother-in-law Marian Robinson and family friend Kaye Willington flew in with him Wednesday night onboard Air Force One from Chicago.
Obama had gone to Chicago Wednesday for a couple of birthday-themed fundraisers.
First Lady Michelle Obama also sent out a message to supporters Thursday, asking them to sign a birthday card, contents of which would be used for a book.
- Obama in campaign mode as he turns 50 - Aug 04, 2011
- Obama to celebrate 49th birthday without family - Aug 01, 2010
- First Grandmother Of USA Settled In White House - Feb 17, 2010
- Rush Limbaugh calls President Obama "Barack Kardashian" - Jun 07, 2012
- Obama's private 'candid comments' accidentally leaked into White House press room - Apr 16, 2011
- President Obama Spends 49th Birthday Home Alone - Aug 04, 2010
- First Lady Michelle Obama Hosts Mothers Day Tea Event In White House - May 09, 2010
- Obama's extended family at home in White House - Feb 01, 2009
- Sikh Americans agog over Obama's Amritsar trip - Oct 17, 2010
- Michelle Obama Hosts White House Dance Party & Tribute to Judith Jamison - Sep 08, 2010
- Obama shoots hoops with basketball stars on b'day - Aug 09, 2010
- Obama, Karzai talk on Afghan situation - Mar 09, 2012
- Obama, Michelle to attend 10th anniversary of 9/11 - Aug 03, 2011
- Meet the US First Granny - Marian Robinson - Feb 17, 2010
- My mum still does her own laundry, says Michelle Obama - Apr 22, 2011
Tags: 50th birthday, air force one, barack obama, birthday card, carney, family friend, family members, first lady, friends family, fundraisers, hometown chicago, marian, michelle obama, mother in law, press secretary, wednesday night, white house, white house press, willington, xinhua