Now, Varun Gandhi ‘misbehaves’ with journalistsMay 21st, 2009 - 11:04 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 21 (IANS) Controversy is not leaving the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) poster boy Varun Gandhi. Hogging the limelight for sometime for his alleged anti-Muslim speeches, the young Lok Sabha MP is now caught in a row with journalists.
A group of Uttar Pradesh scribes Thursday accused Varun Gandhi, the BJP MP from Pilibhit of “misbehaviour” and sought security from the Pilibhit district administration while covering his programmes.
About 30 journalists from different media houses submitted a memorandum at the district magistrate’s office.
“We have asked the district administration to provide security to media persons during programmes of Varun Gandhi,” president of Pilibhit Journalist Association Mohan Kumar told IANS.
Kumar alleged that Varun Gandhi misbehaved with some reporters May 19 when they approached him for his comments over the BJP’s poor performance in the state.
“Varun got angry and he along with his security personnel even attacked journalists of some TV news channels. Varun also damaged the camera of a TV journalist,” Kumar said.
District magistrate Ajay Chauhan said he was yet to receive the memorandum. “From local newspapers I have come to know that Varun Gandhi allegedly manhandled some journalists,” Chauhan told IANS.
“We will take steps accordingly after going through the memorandum,” he added.
- Two held for threatening calls to Varun Gandhi - Feb 07, 2011
- Charges filed against Varun for anti-Muslim speeches - Jul 15, 2009
- Varun Gandhi misbehaves with journalist in Pilibhit - May 19, 2009
- Man threatens Varun Gandhi on phone, held - Aug 24, 2010
- Shoes hurled at Varun Gandhi's cavalcade - Nov 12, 2011
- 70 IAS officials transferred in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 13, 2012
- Varun faces attempt to murder charge (Second Lead) - Mar 29, 2009
- Notice to Varun Gandhi for defamatory remarks during Lok Sabha polls - Jul 28, 2010
- Varun meets Sonia, invites her to wedding - Feb 16, 2011
- Varun Gandhi gets bail but NSA keeps him behind bar - Mar 30, 2009
- Notice to Varun on petition challenging his election - Jul 20, 2009
- Petition seeks Maneka's disqualification too - Jul 02, 2009
- Maneka Gandhi files her nomination from Aonla - Apr 18, 2009
- CDs on Varun Gandhi hate speeches have his voice: official - Jun 21, 2009
- Sikhs on warpath in Pilibhit after holy book desecrated - Sep 16, 2011
Tags: ajay, bharatiya janata party, district administration, district magistrate, journalist association, limelight, local newspapers, Lok Sabha, media houses, media persons, memorandum, misbehaviour, mohan kumar, news channels, poor performance, poster boy, scribes, security personnel, tv journalist, varun gandhi