Now Rahul Gandhi targets Chandrababu NaiduMay 9th, 2009 - 9:12 pm ICT by IANS
Mohali (Punjab), May 9 (IANS) After having raised quite a storm in national political circles by his praise of opposition leaders like Nitish Kumar and Chandrababu Naidu, Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi Saturday targeted the latter at an election rally here, though without naming him.
Criticising the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for not thinking of the common man and coining slogans like ‘India Shining’, Gandhi made a critical reference to Naidu, though indirectly.
“In Andhra Pradesh, there was a chief minister who once said that the state did not need farmers but call centres. Even the BJP never talks about the poor people and poverty,” he said, addressing a rally in this Punjab town adjoining Chandigarh.
However, Gandhi did not mention Naidu’s name.
Gandhi had, earlier this week, praised Telegu Desam Party (TDP) leader Naidu for his policies implemented in Andhra Pradesh, as well as Bihar Chief Minister and Janata Dal-United leader Nitish Kumar, who is part of the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA).
His praise was seen by BJP and other opposition leaders as an attempt by the Congress to woo NDA allies for a post-poll alliance at the centre.
- TDP to abstain in presidential election - Jul 18, 2012
- Telangana Congress legislators boycott Andhra assembly - Feb 28, 2011
- Rattled Lalu, Paswan dismiss Rahul's praise for Nitish - May 05, 2009
- We will take special status for Bihar: Nitish Kumar - Aug 27, 2011
- India needs non-UPA, non-NDA front: Patnaik - Feb 15, 2012
- Nitish attacks Modi as Shiv Sena backs Pranab (Roundup) - Jun 19, 2012
- Andhra chief minister welcomes rail budget - Feb 25, 2011
- People voted for stability: Chandrababu Naidu - Mar 06, 2012
- No question of rejoining Congress: Jagan - Sep 06, 2011
- Rahul praises JD-U and TDP, angers Lalu-Paswan (Political Roundup) - May 05, 2009
- Nitish Kumar shares stage with Modi at NDA rally (Lead) - May 10, 2009
- Mamata welcome to join NDA: BJP - May 27, 2012
- Opposition strike hits hard Andhra Pradesh (Lead) - Jul 05, 2010
- TDP demands sacking of Andhra ministers - Dec 20, 2011
- Rahul praises Nitish Kumar, Naidu - May 05, 2009
Tags: bharatiya janata party, bjp, chandrababu naidu, chief minister, common man, critical reference, election rally, farmers, general secretary, india shining, national democratic alliance, nda allies, nitish kumar, opposition leaders, political circles, poll alliance, post poll, punjab, rahul gandhi, slogans