Now, Parrikar accuses Chidambaram of ‘dadagiri’ in postingsJuly 6th, 2012 - 6:37 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, July 6 (IANS) Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar Friday accused union home ministry of P. Chidambaram of ‘dadagiri’ over the issue of appointment of Indian Police Service (IPS) officers to Goa.
Parrikar is currently locked in a tussle with Chidambaram, with the chief minister claiming that the IPS officers being posted to Goa were being selected ham-handedly without taking the state government into confidence.
“Unless they (the home ministry) behave properly, I will not accept their communication. At least they should indicate that such things will not happen again,” Parrikar told reporters after announcing a state government scheme.
“The Goa government will not accept the ‘dadagiri’ of the union ministry,” Parrikar said.
A victim of the tussle are officers like senior IPS officer I.B. Rani, who had been transferred to Goa Police by the union home ministry recently and has not been awarded any posting.
Incidentally, Parrikar, who heads a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-led coalition government is not the only one who has been accusing Chidambaram of ham-handedness over the appointment of bureaucrats and senior officers.
Delhi Chief Minister and Congress veteran Sheila Dixit also has been taking on the union home ministry over haphazard transfers of senior bureaucrats.
- 'Tough to get IPS officers transferred from Goa' - Aug 28, 2012
- Lokayukta to probe sensitive cases after appointment: Parrikar - Apr 30, 2012
- IPS officer should probe minister's paramour's death: BJP - Jun 03, 2010
- Parrikar's Lokayukta promise caught in red tape - Apr 05, 2012
- Rajasthan again transfers 26 police officers - Apr 30, 2012
- 'Goa Police Service cops reason for law and order deterioration' - May 15, 2010
- Ashok Prasad takes over as new Kashmir police chief - Jul 23, 2012
- Police helped Israeli drug dealer escape: Goa opposition - Mar 31, 2011
- Goa to have wireless trackers on ore-laden trucks - Sep 19, 2011
- Goa chief minister's criticism of cop flayed by BJP - Jan 17, 2011
- Goa needs anti-graft law like in Bihar, says JD-U - Feb 17, 2011
- Probe against officials for illegal mining in Goa - Sep 03, 2012
- Central government to blame for illegal mining: Parrikar (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Parrikar flip-flop: Says no illegal mining in Goa - Jul 16, 2012
- Dikshit discusses transfer of IAS officers with Chidambaram - Feb 15, 2011
Tags: bharatiya janata party, bureaucrats, chief minister, coalition government, goa government, goa police, government scheme, handedness, indian police service, ips officer, manohar parrikar, p chidambaram, postings, rani, sheila dixit, state government, tussle, union home ministry, union ministry, veteran