Notice to Pappu Yadav on plea for cancellation of bailMay 15th, 2009 - 9:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 15 (IANS) The Supreme Court Friday sought a response from Rashtriya Janata Dal MP Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav on a plea by a Communist Party of India (CPI) worker seeking cancellation of his bail.
A bench of Justice S.B. Sinha and Justice Asok Ganguly issued notice to Yadav on the plea by CPI worker Ravindra Nath Singh, challenging a Patna High Court decision on Feb 18, 2009 granting the MP bail, pending its decision on his appeal against his conviction for the murder of CPI legislator Ajit Sarkar.
Yadav, along with former independent Bihar legislator Rajan Tiwari, were among three people sentenced to life imprisonment Feb 14, 2008 by a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court in Bihar for Sarkar’s murder.
Sarkar, the firebrand CPI leader, who had a running feud with Pappu Yadav over issues related to farm labourers, was gunned down along with driver Harendra Sharma and party worker Ashfaqur Rehman, at Subhash Nagar in Purnia town June 14, 1998.
- Former RJD MP Pappu Yadav's bail cancelled - May 03, 2010
- SC issues notice to CBI on Pappu Yadav's bail plea - Feb 06, 2012
- Pappu Yadav's bail plea rejected by apex court - Oct 07, 2010
- Bihar Police hunt for former MP Pappu Yadav - Jul 15, 2010
- SC issues notice to CBI on Pappu Yadav's bail plea (Lead) - Feb 06, 2012
- Slain CPI-M legislator's widow wants protection from Pappu Yadav - Apr 20, 2009
- Save me from Pappu Yadav, says CPI-M leader's widow (Second Lead) - Apr 20, 2009
- Court turns down Pappu Yadav's plea to contest poll - Apr 02, 2009
- Save me from Pappu Yadav, says CPI-M leader's widow (Lead) - Apr 20, 2009
- Pappu Yadav arrested for violating poll code of conduct - Apr 25, 2009
- Ajit Sarkar murder case: Supreme Court asks CBI to arrest Pappu Yadav - Aug 06, 2010
- Supreme Court quashes bail granted to Pappu Yadav - May 03, 2010
- Former Bihar MP Pappu Yadav arrested, taken to Patna (Second Lead) - Aug 17, 2010
- CBI arrests former Bihar MP Pappu Yadav (Lead, Changing dateline) - Aug 16, 2010
- Police protection sought for Bihar Congress chief - Mar 21, 2010
Tags: ajit, asok, cbi court, central bureau of investigation, communist party of india, CPI, farm labourers, firebrand, ganguly, janata, legislator, life imprisonment, nath, patna high court, rajesh, ranjan, rehman, sarkar, sinha, yadav