Notice to BSP’s Siddiqui for comments against Varun, Sanjay GandhiMay 1st, 2009 - 1:50 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 1 (IANS) Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) leader Shahid Siddiqui has been issued notice by the Bijnore administration in Uttar Pradesh for making disparaging comments against Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) candidate Varun Gandhi and his father, the late Sanjay Gandhi.
Siddiqui has to reply to the notice, issued late Thursday, by the evening of May 3. If he does not do so, a case would be registered against him, said District Magistrate Rigzian Sampheal.
“The notice against Siddiqui has been issued by the district administration for making insulting remarks against Sanjay Gandhi and Varun Gandhi during a public meeting in Bijnor,” Sampheal told IANS over the phone.
The notice was issued on a complaint by a Bajrang Dal leader, who provided recordings of the public meeting in which Siddiqui made the remarks.
According to a district official, the administration was yet to ascertain when the public meeting took place.
“Although it is not clear from the video footage when the meeting was organised, our official records show Siddiqui organised a public meeting on March 19 in Bijnore,” said sub-divisional magistrate Shyam Bahadur Singh.
- BSP's Siddiqui booked for remarks against Varun, Sanjay Gandhi - May 05, 2009
- Amar Singh accused of insulting Mayawati - May 05, 2009
- Government employees boycott work over mistreatment of Dalit - Feb 03, 2010
- 15 missing after boat capsizes in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 22, 2010
- Sanjay Dutt booked for Mayawati remarks (Lead) - Apr 18, 2009
- Notice against Sanjay Dutt for Mayawati remarks - Apr 18, 2009
- One dead, 15 missing after boat capsizes in Uttar Pradesh (Lead) - Jun 22, 2010
- Toll in boat capsize rises to eight (Lead) - Jun 24, 2010
- Ballia boat accidents expose negligence of authorities - Jul 02, 2010
- One dead in boat capsize (Second Lead) - Jun 22, 2010
- Official booked for beating man to death - Jul 26, 2010
- Three injured in Uttar Pradesh communal clash - May 16, 2010
- Varun Gandhi plays communal card - and even BJP taken aback - Mar 16, 2009
- Land acquisition in eastern Uttar Pradesh district scrapped - May 31, 2011
- Rahul charged with poll code violation, Congress in denial (Lead) - Feb 20, 2012