Not in touch with other parties: Nitish KumarMay 10th, 2009 - 1:32 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, May 10 (IANS) Bihar Chief Minister and Janata Dal-United leader Nitish Kumar, who is being wooed by major political parties, Sunday denied that he or his party was in touch with the UPA or the Left parties for a post-poll alliance.
“Hum kisi ke sampark mein nahin hain. Iska prashn hi nahin utthta (We are not in touch with any party. The question doesn’t arise),” Kumar, whose JD-U is part of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA), told reporters when asked if there was a possibility of him switching sides.
The United Progressive Alliance (UPA) has been making all efforts to woo the JD-U as a post-poll strategy in order to reach the magic figure needed to form a new government.
Kumar also denied Left leader Prakash Karat’s claim that they were in talks. “I am only in touch with the NDA allies. Neither Karat or Buddhadeb (West Bengal C.M. Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee) have contacted me.”
The Nitish Kumar government is supported by the BJP-led NDA in Bihar.
He is slated to attend a massive NDA rally in Ludhiana in Punjab Sunday afternoon.
- JD-U is with Jaswant Singh: Nitish - Jul 16, 2012
- Nitish may back Ansari as vice president (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Nitish likely to support Ansari for vice president - Jul 11, 2012
- JD-U, Trinamool yet to reach accord in UP - Jan 27, 2012
- Nitish Kumar elected head of NDA legislature party (Lead) - Nov 25, 2010
- Gakari asks party functionaries, allies to exercise restraint - Jun 26, 2012
- BJP leader walks over to JD-U in Bihar - Jul 03, 2012
- Congress ready for presidential contest - Jun 20, 2012
- Jaswant Singh is NDA's vice presidential candidate (Second Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- War rages in Bihar between BJP, JD-U (Bihar Newsletter) - Jun 23, 2012
- BJP will not encourage desertions from JD-U in Bihar: Modi - Jul 10, 2012
- Bihar's ruling JD-U is against Modi for PM's post - Sep 18, 2011
- Supported Pranab as NDA did not gain from 2007 contest: Sharad Yadav (Interview) - Jun 23, 2012
- NDA to finalise nominee for vice president Monday - Jul 16, 2012
- Nitish Kumar invited to form government, swearing-in Friday (Second Lead) - Nov 25, 2010
Tags: bjp, chief minister, iska, janata, jd, left parties, ludhiana, magic figure, national democratic alliance, nda allies, patna, political parties, poll alliance, poll strategy, post poll, progressive alliance, sampark, sunday afternoon, UPA, west bengal