North Carolina Governor appoints commissioners to the State Commission on Volunteerism and Community ServiceMarch 2nd, 2010 - 4:24 am ICT by BNO News
RALEIGH, NORTH CAROLINA (BNO NEWS) – Governor Beverly Perdue appointed 15 new commissioners and reappointed 10 commissioners to the North Carolina Commission on Volunteerism and Community Service, the Governor’s Office announced on Monday.
“Governor Perdue has appointed strong leaders from across North Carolina who support a new era of service in our state. With so many communities in need and nonprofits and government feeling the pinch of dwindling resources volunteerism and community service will have a monumental impact on helping North Carolina emerge from this recession as the best place in the world to live, work and raise a family,” said Kaye Gattis, executive director of the N.C. Commission on Volunteerism and Community Service.
The N.C. Commission on Volunteerism and Community Service encourages and recognizes community service and volunteer participation as a means of community and state problem solving. It has 25 commissioners, all appointed by the Governor.
- North Carolina to expand "Healthy and Ready to Learn" initiative - Mar 19, 2010
- North Carolina receives $9.3 million for children's health innovations - Feb 24, 2010
- North Carolina Governor urges residents to prepare for hurricane season - May 26, 2010
- North Carolina gives local businesses contracting advantage - Feb 18, 2010
- Clariant to expand operations in North Carolina with $2.5 million investment, creating 50 jobs - Apr 06, 2010
- VSA LLC to invest $4.5 million in Burke County, NC production plant - May 12, 2010
- North Carolina Governor announces new initiative to help small businesses - Mar 06, 2010
- North Carolina Gov. Perdue appoints new District Court Bench - Feb 16, 2010
- Governor Perdue launches North Carolina Teacher Working Conditions Survey - Mar 16, 2010
- North Carolina Governor declares Severe Weather Awareness Week, Feb. 28 - March 6 - Feb 26, 2010
- Storms kill at least 47 across US - Apr 18, 2011
- Northeast Foods to make $25 million investment in North Carolina - Feb 23, 2010
- North Carolina launches campaign to crack down Medicaid fraud, waste, and abuse - Mar 25, 2010
- International heat exchanger manufacturer to invest and create jobs in Catawba County, NC - Mar 13, 2010
- Albaad USA Inc. to invest $9 million and create 95 jobs in Reidsville, NC - Apr 15, 2010
Tags: bno, dwindling resources, executive director, feeling the pinch, gattis, governor perdue, monumental impact, new era, nonprofits, north carolina commission, north carolina governor, raleigh north carolina, recession, service raleigh, volunteer participation, volunteerism