Nobody expecting mid-term poll: KaratMay 13th, 2012 - 8:51 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 13 (IANS) CPI-M General Secretary Prakash Karat Sunday said that nobody is expecting mid-term Lok Sabha elections, reacting to Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee’s comment that there were reports that general elections were imminent.
“I don’t know. Nobody is expecting a midterm poll now,” Karat said.
On Friday, Banerjee, the West Bengal chief minister, purportedly told her party workers to prepare for early polls. However, a day later, she retracted, saying the United Progressive Alliance would complete its full term.
- No mid-term polls, Congress retorts Trinamool - May 12, 2012
- Trinamool ready for polls but wants UPA to complete term: Mamata - Aug 28, 2012
- Early polls? Mamata says she didn't say that (Lead) - May 12, 2012
- No mid-term polls, Congress says - May 12, 2012
- US wants Trinamool to win: Karat - Apr 21, 2011
- Mamata's war cry at Congress fortress (West Bengal Newsletter) - Sep 01, 2012
- Mamata's war cry in Congress fortress (West Bengal Newsletter) (Lead) - Sep 01, 2012
- Karat assails Mamata regime over 'misrule', farmers' suicides - Jan 20, 2012
- Mamata resigns from Lok Sabha - Oct 08, 2011
- Trinamool workers canvass door-to-door for 'Didi' - Sep 11, 2011
- Mamata Banerjee: Timeline of an intrepid politician - May 20, 2011
- Trinamool retains Kolkata South with massive margin - Dec 04, 2011
- Buddhadeb skips CPI-M meet - Apr 03, 2012
- If Congress wants, they can leave: Mamata (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- UPA wobbles, Mamata says Congress colluding with Left (Roundup) - Jan 03, 2012